PDA

View Full Version : pictures

07-04-2003, 01:54 AM
every once in a while i manage to "accidently take some pictures" that i figure aren't totally horrible....(i'm working with an old camera)...here they are: first one...wild bristlenose pleco....i'm thinking a female because of the very small bristles(compared to the ones i think are males)

07-04-2003, 02:04 AM
female rose red

07-04-2003, 02:09 AM
a blurry(my trademark) picture of some spotted angels that dwayne hopper sent me recently...

Jeff
07-04-2003, 03:04 AM
Your rose red is beautiful. ;)

April
07-04-2003, 03:08 AM
Yes David...i will take her. send her to me on west jet!!!!!!
does she have kids?

07-04-2003, 03:12 AM
:)
she's layed eggs three times now...no wigglers...there was a big SRRB hanging around with her fanning the eggs...i haven't seen "him" fertilize them...i actually have suspicions that "he" is a "she"...but the rose red is definitely a she...i'm hoping to get a fertile spawn from them so i'll know once and for all...
i have another rose-red that i suspect is a male...so maybe someday i'll have little rose-reds....i really like that strain...
david

07-04-2003, 09:16 AM
Dave: Good looking fish. The bristlenose could be a male. Female doesn't usually has antlers. Possible young male and and again. there are so many differecnt species of wild Bristlenoses comes in all size and shape. I could be wrong. I like the Red Spotted Angel. I have some small Pearly, Golden Koi and Leopards. They requires no work compared to discus. I like them.
Jimmy.

dred
07-04-2003, 11:44 AM
The rose red is beautiful. Where is she from?

Thanks,
milton

Per
07-05-2003, 02:39 PM
Hi David,

The pleco look like an Ancistrus tamboensis. The females of this species has small bristles around the rim of the head, but only the male has a row (or Y-shape) of bristles or 'antlers' on top of the snout.

I keep this species myself, and have had at least two breeding pairs. Seem to be just as easy to breed as the common bristlenose (if both sexes are present, that is ;)), and the fry is hardy as well.

Good luck with them and the other fishes :D

-Per

07-06-2003, 10:39 AM
dred,i got the rose red(i've got two) from dave clubine, he got them from cary, who got them from somewhere in asia...they did some travelling before the got to me...
per, thanks for the info...taking your criteria into consideration, i think i have 4 males and 3 females...
david

crazy4discus
07-06-2003, 02:02 PM
every once in a while i manage to "accidently take some pictures" that i figure aren't totally horrible....(i'm working with an old camera)...here they are: first one...wild bristlenose pleco....i'm thinking a female because of the very small bristles(compared to the ones i think are males)

kool looking pixs