PDA

View Full Version : Spawn on the 4th of July

dred
07-04-2003, 11:33 AM
Well, actually it was yesterday, but the 4th sounds more dramatic. Alright these are very juvenile goldens. They were sub 4" when they got here one month ago. Immediately paired off and terrorized their tankmates till I provided them "special" quarters. Their first spawn was a week ago yesterday. I took no pictures and the unfertilized eggs lasted more than 48 hours with care from the pair before I interceded and removed them from the tank.

Last time I unplugged their spawning site (heater), but this time the eggs will be a little warmer <smile>. Anyway - on with my pics. Yeah, I know a spawn isn't BIG news, but that's just in YOUR life <smile>.

BTW, these are golden glory purchased from Mike Hepner at http://HepsDiscusCenter.com Go ahead and order 3.5" fish from Mike; he might surprise you too <LOL>. The third golden is currently the tank bully with my other juvies his size.

milton

dred
07-04-2003, 11:35 AM
Ok, still haven't fixed the date in the camera - the pics were taken less than a half hour ago, so ...

BTW, that's the male that was fanning before I set up the tripod - guess he was nice enough to pose for me, but I was going for the action shot <LOL>.

One more.

Willie
07-04-2003, 12:24 PM
How's about HATCHED on the Fourth of July?

This is the second time she spawned, first time he participated and we have ~20 wrigglers. Its not much of a spawn, but every one is an accomplishment.

Willie

dred
07-04-2003, 01:15 PM
Big smile. Theoretically, they've still got a few hours to catch up <LOL>. The eggs'll be 36 hours at midnight and they were laid on a heater, so ...

You've got some very dramatic finnage on those parents - nice. I guess I'm going to go ahead and give them a more practical spawning site since the temp dropped to 80 when I unplugged their heater last time.

Congrats and good luck with the wigglers.

milton

crazy4discus
07-04-2003, 07:03 PM
Well, actually it was yesterday, but the 4th sounds more dramatic. Alright these are very juvenile goldens. They were sub 4" when they got here one month ago. Immediately paired off and terrorized their tankmates till I provided them "special" quarters. Their first spawn was a week ago yesterday. I took no pictures and the unfertilized eggs lasted more than 48 hours with care from the pair before I interceded and removed them from the tank.

Last time I unplugged their spawning site (heater), but this time the eggs will be a little warmer <smile>. Anyway - on with my pics. Yeah, I know a spawn isn't BIG news, but that's just in YOUR life <smile>.

BTW, these are golden glory purchased from Mike Hepner at http://HepsDiscusCenter.com Go ahead and order 3.5" fish from Mike; he might surprise you too <LOL>. The third golden is currently the tank bully with my other juvies his size.

milton

nice pair u got there milton if ur sucessful in raiseing the frys save me sum would b a thanks =) but yeah gl on ur pair hope they reproduce u a lot of siblings

Willie
07-04-2003, 11:08 PM
AHA! Just got back from a Temptations concert and saw this in my breeder tank. Dad is an LFS fish, but a proven male.

Willie

Willie
07-04-2003, 11:09 PM
Mom is a little shy. This is her first time spawn, with a male. She's a Fine Line Blue Scorpion from Cary.

Willie

dred
07-05-2003, 10:42 AM
Willie,

Nice fish. Good luck with the spawn.

milton

crazy4discus
07-05-2003, 01:26 PM
AHA! Just got back from a Temptations concert and saw this in my breeder tank. Dad is an LFS fish, but a proven male.

Willie

great looking pair u got there...

Willie
07-05-2003, 04:38 PM
Just lucky, Milton. :D

I came downstairs this morning just in time to watch the male Marlboro eat the last wriggler. >:(.

I've put a cage around the spawn from the Snakeskins. We'll see what happens.

Willie

EIHAB83
07-06-2003, 08:42 PM
Hi dred ... your fish look really nice .... wish you good luck with the spawn ... keep us updated ;)