PDA

View Full Version : My new fish!

richgrenfell
07-04-2003, 03:58 PM
Finally picked up a few fish today. They just got here from singapore on wednesday, so they look kinda rough. Especially the turks

richgrenfell
07-04-2003, 04:00 PM
ocean green

richgrenfell
07-04-2003, 04:02 PM
another ocean green. I'll post more as they grow. I am hoping to get some brilliant turks on the next shipment....

Rich

brewmaster15
07-04-2003, 04:52 PM
Hi Rich!
Glad you were finally able to get some fish! They look pretty good for just being shipped. A little time and TLC and You should have a couple of nice fish.

Looking forward to lots of photos as they grow... and of course some fry!

take care,
al

richgrenfell
07-04-2003, 06:00 PM
Thanks brew,
The turks need a bit of work (i got them really cheap). A pet store I sell to asked me to look for something cheap for them. But i think the greens should turn out very nice. They were eating within an hour after I tanked them!

Rich

crazy4discus
07-04-2003, 08:57 PM
Finally picked up a few fish today. They just got here from singapore on wednesday, so they look kinda rough. Especially the turks

very nice ocean green's i want sum of them myself can't seem to find any tho how much u get the ocean green's for? and where at? thanks

richgrenfell
07-04-2003, 10:03 PM
Hi David,
Thanks for the compliments. i have been waiting for these Ocean Greens for quite a while. I have a friend who grew up in Singapore, and he worked on a farm there. Every once in a while he gets a shipment in to sell to his friends and the local pet stores. I paid $35 each for the greens, and $20 each for the turks. The turks were really for a store that I sell stuff to, but there are 3 of them that look like they will be pretty nice so I may keep them those 3 and sell the others. I think i'm probably gonna make a trip down to Frank's place next.

Rich

crazy4discus
07-04-2003, 10:10 PM
Hi David,
Thanks for the compliments. i have been waiting for these Ocean Greens for quite a while. I have a friend who grew up in Singapore, and he worked on a farm there. Every once in a while he gets a shipment in to sell to his friends and the local pet stores. I paid $35 each for the greens, and $20 each for the turks. The turks were really for a store that I sell stuff to, but there are 3 of them that look like they will be pretty nice so I may keep them those 3 and sell the others. I think i'm probably gonna make a trip down to Frank's place next.

Rich

kool rich how big r them ocean greens? wish i can get sum myself... what i realli want is sum of those white butterfly discus very beautiful... well hope all ur discus grow up to b very strong n healthy and happy 4th of july

fred flinstone
07-04-2003, 10:47 PM
Ocean Greens 2.5" $25.00 a fish , $120.00 for 6 . See www.sunrisetropicals.com . Special ends on 7/15 . Tony is a great guy who does not get enough credit on these forums ! :P :P :P

richgrenfell
07-04-2003, 11:10 PM
Well, I sure wish I had seen that before! Being that i'm on the east coast it would have cost me almost the same with shipping anyway. I am going to check him out on the leopards he has on sale though! Thanks for the headsup!

Rich

fred flinstone
07-04-2003, 11:58 PM
Tony keeps his website updated almost every week . He gets some very new strains from time to time . The guy is honest as the day is long . I have had discus shipped from Tony 3 times without a hitch . The last time they were layed up by the airline for an extra 24 hours and they were still perfect ! I am on the east coast also . You still have some really nice Ocean Greens there Rich !

fred flinstone
07-05-2003, 12:00 AM
I wish I had a digi camera ! You would love the Leopard I have from Sunrise ! Gotta get one soon !