PDA

View Full Version : AQUATIC ECOSYSTEMS

limige
07-11-2003, 07:09 PM
hi guys and gals,
just wanted to let everyone know that the fine staff at AQUATIC ECOSYSTEMS is doing a great job! awesome people to do business with!

i ordered a jalli 800watt heater and temp controller earlier this year.

first heater was a DOA.
second heater worked for about 2-3 months before the endcap came unglued and started throwing an electric current.

both times they were extremely understanding and pretty much no questions ask, they sent my replacements asap.

at $35 a peice heaters can add up, anyway, i think i really caught the fluke heaters or something, i've heard nothing but good about jalli and they seem very well made. but if this one has a problem i doubt i'll use them again.

either way, AQUATIC ECOSYSTEMS.COM is an excellent place to do business with and have a wide selection of items with good prices! :thumbsup:

Jeff
07-11-2003, 09:37 PM
I have paid for two heaters and am on my 5th heater now. They keep going out on me as well. :(

brewmaster15
07-11-2003, 11:07 PM
Have you guys tried those 500 w heaters John at Jehmco.com sells?

-al

limige
07-12-2003, 03:55 AM
no i haven't, i would probably have to use 2 500 watter's. i'm heating a 190 gallon tank, in the winter room temp is sometimes around 70-72 degrees and i heat it to 84-86. the jalli seemed perfect. i want a titanium heater 700-1000 watts. i almost bought the proheat ones but decided on the jalli's instead. i thought they were a top notch heater, i guess we'll see.

jeff what size heaters are you using? the jalli's right?!

Jeff
07-12-2003, 11:23 AM
Yes they are the 500w. I have now switched to the Jhemco one.

wall_o_fish
07-12-2003, 12:02 PM
Jeff and Al --

Are you talking about the Jehmco titanium heater with the controller? That might be something I'd want to look into when i go to a bigger tank this winter . . . I'd be interested in hearing how they work for you. Right now, my experience with the less-expensive controller-driven titanium heaters hasn't been too rosy.

scott

Jeff
07-12-2003, 01:24 PM
Yes Scott. The Jhemco titanium heater and controller is really good, just expensive.

wall_o_fish
07-12-2003, 10:57 PM
Yeah, it's spendy. I'm starting to think, though, that John's pithy little statement on that page has it pegged: "buy it once and then forget about it," or something like that. I've easily spent as much in faulty heaters as he charges for the expensive ones. (let's hope the 'spensive one'll be veeery durable! I'd hate to explain to my wife why i just spent 130 bucks on a broken heater!) :-[

scott

Mrgij01
07-12-2003, 11:06 PM
I have had very good results using Ebo Jager heaters. You can get them at a very good price at bigalsonline.com
Has anyone here had many failures with them? I noticed they were not mentioned.