PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

liz
07-18-2003, 07:16 PM
When cleaning the tank tonight I noticed one of my Discus has darkened in colour and in the corner of the tank.I took it out and gave it a salt bath which has perked it up a bit.The problem is I am off on holiday tomorrow morning.I have somebody coming in to feed all the fish every day but they are not experienced with fish.
What do you think I should do move it to a hospital tank.Also what should I treat it with.I have no Antibiotics(UK)but have some other treatments I can use.

Carol_Roberts
07-18-2003, 07:35 PM
I don't know if I would do anything if you are going away - how long will you be gone?

liz
07-18-2003, 08:17 PM
Only for a week.I have put it in the hospital tank just in case it has anything catching.Its got nice clean water should I add anything or not.The person looking after will be in touch with me.

brewmaster15
07-18-2003, 08:55 PM
Liz,
best you can do is what you have done. I would instruct the person watching them to not feed if the food is not eaten.

Sometimes a fish will exhibit behavior like this and minutes latter they are fine. Who knows maybe they get stomach aches and headaches like we do.

go on holiday... a sick fish is not worth the worry now.

enjoy your vacation.

-al

CliffsDiscus
07-19-2003, 01:43 AM
Liz,
My advise is to take the dark Discus out. Place it in another tank or give it away. If you leave the sick Discus in the tank it might die or have a break down of the plague which
would wipe out many other Discus.

Cliff

liz
07-19-2003, 02:25 AM
Thanks all.I have given it some Med.The person looking after the fish I have shown how to do it again.It will just have to take its chances.We will see.

liz
08-03-2003, 04:23 AM
Just got back from holiday unfortunatly the Discus died when I was away also another one as well.The person looking after them felt awful but I told them they had done a good job as all my other fish are fine and they probably would have died anyway even if I had been at home.