PDA

View Full Version : Which one shall I put first

EIHAB83
07-19-2003, 05:02 PM
Hi guys how are doing all..... I bought a new pair (still with the breeder) ,before they are sent to me .... they spawned in his tank he said he will send the pair and the fries (when the fries are 10days old) .... I would like to know does it matter which one I put first in the tank ,I mean the fries or the parents .....

now the other pair I have now (I got it yesterday) ... they didn't eat well today .... is this normal
many thanks ;D

Willie
07-19-2003, 05:20 PM
When you get fish, bring the temp up to 86 - 88F, add salt and wait 24 hours before feeding. Standard procedure to get them over the shock.

The babies are a different matter. Ask the breeder to hold everything until they're about 14 days free swimming. At that point, they can go directly to baby brine shrimp. You don't want to take a chance that their parents will eat them after separation and reunion in your tank. Put the parents in their own tank for breeding and raise the babies separately. Practice making bbs before they ship!

Sounds like you got a pretty sweet deal there, Willie

Carol_Roberts
07-19-2003, 05:28 PM
Normal for adults not to eat for a day or two after moving to new house.

Don't know if the parents will accept the frys after moving to new tank . . . how many frys? Maybe try half with parents and half with bbs in seperate tank.

07-19-2003, 06:47 PM
10 days old is big enough to eat BBS by themselves. Give the parents a break. they can feed on BBS after 3 days attachment and can be on their own.
Jimmy

EIHAB83
07-19-2003, 07:09 PM
Thanks alot guys .... I don't know what can I do with out you ... you are the best ;D ;D

EIHAB83
07-19-2003, 07:13 PM
Hi Carol .... till now I am not sure how many frys there are .... but I will tell once I know :)

April
07-20-2003, 12:29 AM
sounds great . hope all goes well. baby fry are very sensitive to any change. all your parameters need to match and your tank kept very clean. no old food on the bottom etc.
they will need a small tank of their own. i agree no sense putting them back with the parents. let the parents settle then they will breed again when their settled hopefully.