PDA

View Full Version : My First (Adult) Discus

remikz
07-22-2003, 06:20 PM
I love all my discus no matter what, but this fish was a Bargain. £24 ... roughly $38(USD)

He is full grown and came from a batch of Brilliant turqoise. In the batch there was an amazing fish with Full body pattern, fish that were almost completely turq w/very little red pattern. This is probably the least popular fish of the bunch, and I could have picked any single one of them, but to me this fish is the best, He has great shape, Great eyes, Great temperament and he reminds me more of a Wild Brown and Wild Blue merged together than a Brilliant or Red turquoise.

The reason I didn't pick the other fish is because I already have a full pattern BT and RT and another BT. This one is something different and I think just a great colour.

These fish were on sale to the public at £74 but I got him cheap because I work there :) :)

Sorry for the long post, I can't believe the amount of fuss I'm making over a fish but I've wanted him for ages, and I just want you all to know why I prefered him to his Full Body patterned siblings..

Ian

remikz
07-22-2003, 06:21 PM
Here he is::

http://www.aoxe68.dsl.pipex.com/DSCF0002.jpg

http://www.aoxe68.dsl.pipex.com/DSCF0003.jpg

-Ian

Carol_Roberts
07-23-2003, 01:19 AM
Very Nice Ian. I completely understand your enthusiasm. It's so much fun getting just the fish you want and bring it home. ;D

Emanuel
07-23-2003, 01:40 AM
Ian, this is unrelated to the fish, but you should check your $ conversion again. :)

angel12
07-23-2003, 03:34 AM
Congrat remikz cool fish you are a lucky begger getting them so cheap look nice and healthy there keep us updated ... im sooooo envious of a lot of these fish makes me want to go out and buy loads of tanks just to keep em in .... got to go and have a lie down now as im begining to feel overawed !!

;D

remikz
07-23-2003, 01:10 PM
Oops, your right Emanuel

I'll fix that...

Thanks for the posts Carol, Angel.

--Ian

crazy4discus
07-23-2003, 07:53 PM
you got a great deal for them hope you happy with them

ChloroPhil
07-28-2003, 04:31 PM
Ian,

I agree....that's just about the _Perfect_ discus. Congratulations!!!