PDA

View Full Version : Another first !!!

NickK
07-22-2003, 10:59 PM
Well, my I have had my first batch of discus for 5.5 months. I have 18 discus, and 3 pairs so far laying eggs (they were ~2 inches when I got them). I just got done with my water changes, and I noticed one of the eggs had hatched, and is wiggling around! This means I have a confirmed working pair (Red Melons)! The parents are taking turns scooping it off the floor and spitting it back at the unfertilized eggs. Is this little guy doomed? Should I give this couple a few more runs before putting them in my 29? All of the other eggs turned really white.

Hooray! What a sight to behold after all my challenges.

Nick

MGR
07-22-2003, 11:22 PM
Hi Nick

I havent had any spawnes yet but i would let them have acouple more trys before putting them in the 29g.Congrats on you frist fry and keep up the good job ;D

Mgr

crazy4discus
07-22-2003, 11:40 PM
nice gl on your pairs

Carol_Roberts
07-23-2003, 01:21 AM
Congratulations Nick!
It sounds like the male needs a bit more target practice. I'd leave them and let them try a few more times.

April
07-23-2003, 02:23 AM
sounds great. id say hes just becoming fertile. he should have more fertile each time. but the fact their caring for that wiggler.sounds like your going to have a great pair soon.
congrats. the big thing with discus..is you have to WAIT and have lots of patience. they will lay again and again and again..so just wait it out. they should get further each time with their level of care.