PDA

View Full Version : Excitement PLUS!!!

nalah
07-29-2003, 05:30 PM
I would have to say that this is one of THE most exciting things to happen since starting the hobby.
He is not in my tank yet,but will be on friday afternoon.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/f/2jump.gif

In other countries,it is not uncommon to see heckels in peoples tanks,but here in australia,they are hard to come by.

I'm in love..... http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/y/iloveyou.gif

Rod Coleman
07-29-2003, 07:49 PM
Good work Pascale,

The Heckel bar doesn't seem to make it to Australia very often!

Of course, we want to see babies ASAP ;D

Rod

April
07-29-2003, 08:08 PM
Great Pascale. where did you get him? or rather.where are you getting him?

BlueTurquoise
07-29-2003, 08:31 PM
:o Oh man Pascale I have ALWAYS wanted a heckle! I thought it was downright impossible to get one in Australia!

I am very impressed!!! :)

nalah
07-29-2003, 09:47 PM
LOL Rod - babies... i know i said i was in love but i'm not really that way inclined.
http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/c0/biglaugh.gif

its not easy to get them in,thats for sure. this one is about 5" but he has no mate... how long will it take to find him one is anyones guess.

Mattzilla
07-30-2003, 03:57 AM
very nice pascale!!!
there is a guy named colin that lives in mt druitt that may have some. i saw some when i bought some fish from him about a month ago. IM me and i'll give you his number if you are interested.

matt

Smokey
07-30-2003, 06:42 AM
Lovely looking fish.

So, does this mean you no longer love me ? ?

MY heart is broken.

BTW - give the fellow in Mt.Druitt a call.

A discus is only a discus - until you have a pair. Then, it is a family.

Smokey

07-30-2003, 08:04 AM
Why Heckels are hard to find in Aus. ? They are among the cheapest category of wild discus. I'm just wondering ??? ??? ??? I read a wild discus dealer in New york will teach the new buyer of his bus. to ship to Aus. Canada, and Asia. Why don't you guys check with him in buy and sell section.
Jimmy.

ping
07-30-2003, 11:15 AM
Heckels are not hard to find in Perth. I saw it more than 10 times in LFS.
The price was A$127.50 each (after 15% off).

Ronny

nalah
07-30-2003, 06:17 PM
Smokey,I'm sorry,but our long distance love affair is wearing thin.... LOL

ok,to answer the questions -
1. in my area, a HUGE % of discus buyers are asian. they prefer coloured fish and dont go much for wilds.hence,suppliers don't import them.-this is NOT me saying this. its what several suppliers have told me.

2. the price they want for wilds is ridiculous. don't forget you guys in the states get them from the source and/or germany. by the time you add freight cost,taxes,and MORE taxes,prices triple.
I've mentioned before the cost of supplies... its no different for livestock.

Jimmy - the cost of a heckel,about 2",is around $AU100.00 wholesale

BlueTurquoise
07-30-2003, 08:22 PM
Yes I hardly see any wild discus here at all. Bring back the browns I say! :)

Smokey
07-31-2003, 11:56 AM
#1 [Pascale];
My heart is broken!

edgeguy
07-31-2003, 02:31 PM
That is one beautiful heckel :o. Makes me want to look closer at them here in the US.