PDA

View Full Version : new discus

phonics69
08-04-2003, 05:36 AM
I picked up my 4 discus last friday and all look healthy. Only problem i seem to be having is getting them to feed. They have eaten, but not a great deal thus far. Any ideas? They are also very timid and stay in a group together a lot of the time but im sure in time they will grow in confidence.

Ardan
08-04-2003, 06:30 AM
Hi,
I would put the temp to 88F. Also make sure all water parameters and wc water is good.

No ammonia, no nitrite, no chloramines.

They usually take some time. Keep up the wc's.
hth

angel12
08-04-2003, 07:51 AM
As Ardan said Give them time Bud :) are these adults .. if so it might take them a few days to settle in maybe even longer just keep up with the normal routines and make sure the water is top notch and you will be Ok they will come round once they have found there feet and adjust to the new suroundings .....

I presume you are feeding them what the Person whom you got them from was feeding them .... ......

HTH

phonics69
08-05-2003, 11:03 AM
Water changes are regular. The temp aint 88 though so i have turned the thermostat up. They all look healthy enough, good color erc, maybe the temp is the problem. I would say that they are about 2 and half to 3 inches in size. I am feeding them exact same stuff as the place i bought them from although I cant get them to eat the tetra prima, they do eat a bit of the bloodworm

henryD
08-05-2003, 11:40 AM
If they are eating I would say just to give them some time. It takes time for them to get adjusted to their new surrounding.

The other tricks I have heard or read about is to tape newspaper on the tanks. Rip 1nch every day and by the time the whole newspaper is removed they will be use to their new environment. I have never tried this before but may try it next time...