PDA

View Full Version : HELPPPPPPPPPPP

trucn
08-05-2003, 10:21 AM
I do not know what happen to my water containner but I is very cloudy when I add it to my existing discus tank. As you can see, I change water for my 55 gal discus aquarium almost daily. Each time I change round 50%/time. Last night, I also do the same. The last time I change water for the tanks is two days ago. I do not think it is the reason because I store the water in the containner for too long. It is around 48 hours

Containner: 30gallons
chem: Prime pond (4 bottle cover) and Ammo-Lock 2 (1 bottle cover)
Air: Two line. One with air stone the other one does not
Heat: Old one but I do not know how may watt on it

Any suggestion or idea is very helpful for me right now

Carol_Roberts
08-05-2003, 05:57 PM
I periodically clean my storage containers. Your's might need to be cleaned too.

The easiest thing to do is to rinse your 30 gallon container really, really good. Wipe off the airlines, cords, etc. Add fresh water with chlorine. Don't add the pond prime until the next day prior to your water change.

BlueTurquoise
08-06-2003, 01:31 AM
Also store the container in a dark place as light promotes algae growth, not sure if that is why it is cloudy. Is the container clear plastic? Black plastic (or closest to that) is best i think.

good luck!

Nightowl
08-06-2003, 03:23 AM
As soon as chlorine is gone from a heated water storage container there is a risk of bacteria growing in the water, especially after 48 hrs. You could use salt to scrub inside of storage container........hth....... J.T.

angel12
08-06-2003, 05:21 AM
Sounds like you have a bacterial bloom in the water ... you could try putting some carbon in the filter to strip it out .. but as already mentioned looks like the fact you left the water in the Holding tank free of chlorine may have caused the problem ...Chlorine is added to the water to reduce the amount of bacteria in normal tap water......

HTH

:)