PDA

View Full Version : Need advice!!

jubs
08-07-2003, 09:14 PM
Guys,

My female just laid eggs on the community tank with 2 others small discus and 1 big Male inside and 2 angel fish.

I got this female back last weekend. I think she is still young. And I am not sure which guy is her partner ?? Coz there are 2 male, 1 big and another guy even smaller than the female.

This morning when I on the light, I saw the BIG male turn active and chances other away but unfortunately he ATE the eggs that laid on the aquarium side.

I think all the ate has been eaten by the BIG MALE. Can I assume that this BIG guy will be the female MATE ???

Do I have to remove other fish to get successful spawn again ?? Because this big guy and the female dont looks like a pair.

Not like my angels pair always stay together.

I hope someone can help me on this and give some advise!!

I hope to have successful spawn next time.

Thanks in advance!

Carol_Roberts
08-07-2003, 09:57 PM
Leave them in the community tank another week or two until you figure out which is her partner. Then you will have to move them to their own tank (or move the other fish) if you want any babies to make it.

Desertdrifter
08-07-2003, 11:37 PM
wow! I cant believe you need advice.you have been so helpful to me I was begining to think you were all knowing. ;D

jubs
08-07-2003, 11:40 PM
Thanks again carol. You are always there!!

hmm I am just new in discus even I have experience in angels. Because from what I can see, they are quite different in terms of behavior and etc etc ....

Anyway thanks a lot carol!!!