PDA

View Full Version : What a sad day.....

henryD
08-14-2003, 11:05 AM
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2003/08/14/citys_aquarium_loses_its_accreditation

Just read this arcticle about the New England Acquarium. It is really too bad. That use to be one of my favorite places to go. Even volunteered there. I went about a month ago for the first time in about 2 years and noticed alot of the their nicer exhibits were gone. The ones they had did not look to healthy either.

Coincidence that when I left things went to hell? ::) ::) ;D ;D ;) :o

korbi_doc
08-14-2003, 11:51 AM
:'( :-\ :-\ Gee Henry, that is sad indeed! They obviously need major contributors, & this economic downturn is certainly causing much grief everywhere! Just one more factor in the toppling of our structure. Makes one wonder "where or when is it going to change for the better??" We need lotsa prayers on our side, I think!! Dottie

Jeff
08-15-2003, 09:52 PM
Wow. A lot of groups are suffering from the economic downturn.

discuskrib
08-17-2003, 12:40 PM
it's sad to hear they may lose donors because of the loss.
but what did the accreditation really give them? even in the article itself it refered to the accreditation as being a member of a club. the fish are still being cared for and people are still visiting. to me, that's the bottom line.
in today's society there are far too many "accreditations" and "licenses" that people have to get to be qualified for things. too often these accreditations or licenses just mean a person showed up for a course and may have or may not have learned anything.