PDA

View Full Version : Federation of Texas Aquarium Society(FOTAS)

GulfCoastDiscus
08-18-2003, 04:51 PM
Hello Folks,
There will be a FOTAS convention on September 12-14 in Houston, TX. The guess speaker will is Heiko Bleher. Rummy Nose Tetra is named after. He collected tropical fish to include Discus in the early 60's. He publised his first discus book in 1982. For more info check out this site:http://www.houstonaquariumsociety.org/FOTAS.htm

Dan

08-18-2003, 05:15 PM
Dan.....

will you be attending ??? Any Discus breeders in that area I should know about or would be able to meet up with if I were to make that trip???

It's only about 350 miles from me....... ;)

Beth

GulfCoastDiscus
08-18-2003, 07:07 PM
Beth,
I'll be there. I know of some that are tentative. I'll find out more when the Houston Aquarium Society meets on Aug. 27. I use to be a member but when I got out of the discus hobby in 1998 I also stop attending. There will be a auction on Sunday September 14th.

dan

GulfCoastDiscus
08-18-2003, 07:13 PM
Beth,
John Nicholson from Dallas is a breeder. He said that he might show up. Tell him you want to buy a fish from him and maybe he'll show up.

dan

08-18-2003, 07:24 PM
I'd like to see more than just you and John :P j/k

In the past were there plenty of Discus entries there ???

any idea on how many will be there this year ???

I know.... I know.... You'll let me know when you find out.

keep me posted ...k?

Thanks
Beth

Chris-C
08-18-2003, 10:42 PM
Hi Dan, and Beth,
I feel guilty if I dont go given that I live here. Maybe if there are enough of discus people going I'll go. If get the guts I may enter one of my fish.
So see yall there

Chris C

GulfCoastDiscus
08-19-2003, 08:54 AM
Hey Chris,
What part of Houston are you from? Do you know others? Emanuel from South Post oaks, Criag Grimmer from Lake Jackson, Mike from Kingwood and I'm from Richmond. I know Emanuel will show up at the FOTAS convention, I think Mike will too. Craig is too busy for anything.
There's another speaker on cichlids by the name of Jeff Cardwell. I know nothing about him. I hope to pick up use tanks at the auction.

dan

John_Nicholson
08-19-2003, 11:55 AM
Beth I am still up in the air on if I will be attenting or not. The TCA is having our normal show in October and with dove/deer seasons right around the corner time is limited. I maybe in your neck of the woods the weekend of September 27th/28th for a catahoula dog show. If I make it down will you have time to show off your fish?

-john

08-19-2003, 02:02 PM
Anytime John :thumbsup:

Beth

John_Nicholson
08-19-2003, 02:16 PM
Thanks Beth. If I get to make it I will confirm the exacts.

-john

GulfCoastDiscus
08-19-2003, 03:11 PM
Hey John,
Do you do dog shows. I own some Bull Terrier. I've shown my several times. My white bully represented her breed in the Eukanuba dog show last year in the astrodome.
I wish you would come down. Let me know if you do and what you have available for sale. I just bought some Angel Blue Diamonds from Danny Ng.

Dan

Emanuel
08-20-2003, 12:09 AM
I'm planning on going unless something unexpected comes up. Beth, are you planning on bringing fish for the auction on Sunday? If you need some temporary tank space, I'm sure we can arrange it.

chirohorn
08-20-2003, 06:59 PM
Dan, you got mail re: bull terriers.

Willie
08-20-2003, 07:43 PM
Beth;

Maybe you can swing by Dallas and see Danny at Discus Fantasy. He had some awesome fish at ACA.

Willie

John_Nicholson
08-20-2003, 10:22 PM
Willie remember that even though Houston and Dallas are relatively close but Texas standards they are still 4 1/2 hours apart....but Beth if you do make that drive I expect you to stop by here to..........I will even cook ya'll dinner (ok so I have not cooked in like 16 years but my wife is a fine, fine cook...)

-john

08-21-2003, 11:41 PM
Hi Emanuel....

More than likely not, but then again if you have the tank space I just may do that ;)

Willie.....

Not sure how far out of the way that is.....

John .....

You better believe if I do I'll make it a plan to stop at your place ;) I'll have a nice big juicy steak and baked potato ;D :P

Beth

John_Nicholson
08-28-2003, 01:56 PM
Looks like I will be able to swing this. If anyone wants me to bring some discus down to sell let me know. I have red SS's, red turq, turqs, and a few odds and ends..

-john

chirohorn
08-28-2003, 03:17 PM
John, I'm interested in the odds & ends. :D

John_Nicholson
08-28-2003, 03:50 PM
Pete I sent you a message buddy.

-john