PDA

View Full Version : nyamunda blue

markfresh
08-19-2003, 09:57 PM
i have a breeding pair of that i bought as f3 nyamunda blue i had a reply in my topic does gravel make a difference that said i could have wild blue i was told they are third gen but dont know wether to belive i dont have a scanner as yet so cant post pic i was hoping someone has a pic to match to the male is fairly plain with blue lines on his head and a cream body and the female is much more clolourful with red and white patterns any pics :D 8)

April
08-19-2003, 11:11 PM
Pascale has the nyamunda blues i believe. i believe they were imported from maylasia from tan chee lok. inda discus farms. no idea if he bred them or not..as he buys up fish from others to sell. but most likely yours came from the same source. i saw a pic of pascales.
she has a post in photo gallery i believe of hers.

wildthing
08-20-2003, 08:49 AM
Nhamundha
:)

April
08-20-2003, 08:53 AM
yes ok David...that looks better. ;D

limige
08-21-2003, 03:48 AM
mark, alberto has a pic of a nhamunda blue on his web page of wilds
http://www.aquatechnics.net/wdiscus.htm

since they are f3's they are no longer nhamunda blues, they are tank breed fish with a direct wild linage. the nhamunda part of the name simply tells the person what river it came from which can dictate color because of water and food availible.

none the less, check alberto's page, f3's are most likely going to look alot different, when breeding wilds you never know what you may get, since you have no idea if the parents were two different variates.

we'd love to see some pics of yours though if you could get a freind with a camera to help you out!

08-21-2003, 08:41 AM
Due to the Geographical location of Nhamunda with many rivers flow to the lower basin. Most discus has been crossed with other strain of discus. Nhamunda produces many varieties of beautiful Heckel crosses that can be called Nhamunda blue. A Picture speaks a thousand words. Get a camera. Want to buy one? Is Nhamunda or Nhamundha? Which one is correct? Just too lazy to find it out form the map. Anybody knows?
Jimmy

wildthing
08-21-2003, 09:10 AM
I think the pronounciation is more important than the spelling but there are 'H's in there, tho I think my second 'H' may have been redundant
:)
nah-mund-ah ( phoenetic)

Limige & Willie have explained it well IMO. colorful fish from there, ( beautiful) heckels tend to have a good blue color ( at first) so probably that river has particular water conditions & food that favor that.

I have come to the conclusion that beyond knowing the general region of origin,( Nhamundha is both a big river & a region) knowing the names of rivers is unimportant except for curiosity's sake. Especialy with newer invented names or names of rivers that are so small they are seasonal only & may not even be there next season, that appear more & more with wilds & seem only calculated to seperate us from our money....the important part of a good Blue discus is its striations & shape & size, ( the usual criteria) & not so much where it comes from , the same goes for any other variety, RSG, Red, heckel etc......location ( & so its name) is its least important aspect....

The closer to the wild generation the greater the variations in any spawn, especially markings and size variations...the further down the F ladder the less the variation but the greater the chances of negative recessive genes rearing their ugly heads.....the law of diminishing returns....

markfresh
08-24-2003, 12:03 AM
from what i was told they are brother sister and have not been crossed ill get a pic when i can thanks
mark