PDA

View Full Version : how to improve eggs to be fertile

wsw
08-20-2003, 10:24 PM
hi all
my pair have been laying eggs for the past month and after abt 3 days all turn white and eaten by the pair.
in the breeding tank there a pot and a vertical pvc pipe and the pair have been using the pipe to lay. i feed them with bh and bw, the water temp is abt 29 - 30 deg. C. and no idea abt the ph of water as i dun measure them at all. there is no heater in the tank as i m staying in a tropical country.
after each time the eggs have been eaten, i did a 1/3 wc and the pair will lay again aft abt 2 days......and the cycle goes on again..... :-\

need ur valuable advise... thanks

LarryDinNC
08-21-2003, 12:38 AM
It's possible that you have two females or a very young male and the eggs are not being fertilized.

Carol_Roberts
08-21-2003, 01:10 AM
Have you seen the male making runs over the eggs with his breeding tube touching the eggs . . . . or does he just stand back and watch?

wsw
08-21-2003, 02:37 AM
hi Carol
as the laying eggs always take place when nobody is at home, so i cannot give u a definite ans. btw this pair was given to me by my friend and i have seen them with their fry on their backs b4 with i visited his home....