PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found

henryD
08-21-2003, 11:13 AM
I am working from home today.....it is that nasty cough...It would not go away. ;D ;)

So I decided to take a break and take some picture of my fish. I finally got my camera back and have been promising a few breeders to send pictures of their fish.

As I was starting in the 100gallon community tank in my living room. This is what I saw.

henryD
08-21-2003, 11:21 AM
The pigeon is the first discus I got since returning back to the hobby.....How fitting.

henryD
08-21-2003, 11:24 AM
3 guess as to who I bought the Marlboro red from. Winner gets a Noprize.

PS..."The Fish will guide you"

henryD
08-21-2003, 11:27 AM
Since they are sitting with 15 other fish in a community tank. I was thinking about leaving them where they are. I have about 10 wilds in that tank and would really like to get a couple of them to rumble and shake. So my thought is that maybe the activities in the tank will also get them in the mood. The marlboro I think is a little young so probably would require a couple of tries. I figured I would just let them practice in the community tank...

What does everyone think?

08-21-2003, 01:18 PM
congratulations.... ;)
good idea-let them practice...can always move them later...
david

ping
08-21-2003, 02:01 PM
Congratulations, :bounce2: :thumbsup:

Let them practice in the tank, good idea to let them learn how to protect the babies.

I let mine before with others, and i got my second pair. :)

I guess that it will trigger other discus to breed ;D

All the best, lovely marlboro :)

Regards,
Ronny

Carol_Roberts
08-21-2003, 02:35 PM
They make a lovely pair Henry :thumbsup:
I bet you get several pairs out of that tank in the next couple of months.

henryD
08-21-2003, 04:01 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice. I am so excited since this is my first pair. Now if only I can catch them actually laying the eggs then I can tell which is a female or male.

PS.....I am starting to see some shaking from others in the tank. Some of them are wilds even. :bounce2: :bounce1:

Carol_Roberts
08-21-2003, 04:43 PM
Look at the breeding tubes - they are down for quite a while after breeding. The females is larger.

Paulio
08-26-2003, 12:47 PM
I am working from home today.....it is that nasty cough...It would not go away. ;D ;)

So I decided to take a break and take some picture of my fish. I finally got my camera back and have been promising a few breeders to send pictures of their fish.

As I was starting in the 100gallon community tank in my living room. This is what I saw.

So thats where I put them! I am so glad you found them. You can send them back to me anytime. Heck I will even pay shipping ;D

Congrats!

brewmaster15
08-26-2003, 01:25 PM
I see some familar faces in that tank! ;) :)

-al

henryD
08-26-2003, 01:41 PM
Yup...Al,

I moved the 5 guys I got from you into the community tank. It has been there for 1 week and look what I saw.

It also looks like I have 1 pair of maderias and a royal blue (I think there is some heckle blood in there). This pair is wildsxwilds. Been doing some shaking and fighting off others.

Now if only I can get off my arse to put together the rest of the room then I will seperate them.

Ps....I am sure it is nothing I am doing. I just provide the food and water. What the fish decides to do is up to them.

ping
08-26-2003, 01:55 PM
It also looks like I have 1 pair of maderias and a royal blue (I think there is some heckle blood in there). This pair is wildsxwilds. Been doing some shaking and fighting off others.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

brewmaster15
08-26-2003, 01:57 PM
They look really healthy Henry. Keep up the good work and I am sure they'll do the rest! :)

-al