PDA

View Full Version : anyone have an hp 850

limige
08-22-2003, 06:25 PM
i'm happy with hp for the most part, my old one just took a crap so i'm in the market for a new camera and have my eye's on the hp 850

i want a camera that's good for fish photos as well as people and landscape shots.

i like the 56X zoom on the 850, heck i could sit across the room and take pics of fry ;D

any comments are appreciated!

lesley
08-23-2003, 12:30 AM
Hi limige,

below a link to ZDnet with reviews on cameras.

http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/4032-6501_15-0.html?tag=txt

I have a Nikon Coolpix that has done well for me. Performs well indoors, outdoors and in inclement weather.

What fun, choosing a new camera, almost as good as getting new discus!!

mench
08-23-2003, 08:38 AM
go to this site http://www.steves-digicams.com/.......this site helped me a lot when I was looking for my digital camera. I have a Canon g2.

Mench

RAWesolowski
08-27-2003, 12:59 AM
I have the FujiFilm 3800. Love the camera with just one wish that it had a hot shoe so I could do the remote flash as seen in Gipper's pictures.

Limige, you'll enjoy the optical 8X zoom on the HP but don't get caught up in the interpolation or software zoom. Think of the software zoom as enlarging a photo, the bigger you make it, the fuzzier it becomes despite the software. An optical zoom gives you the greatest resolution.

That said, beware the optical zoom with a flash. The caution comes as the intensity of light diminishes in proportion to the square of the distance from the target. Better get the laser guided flash for those cross room aquarium shots.

limige
08-28-2003, 03:42 AM
lol, actually i was joking a bit. i never use flash for fish pictures anyway. usually get too much glare.

but i will help as far as breeding pairs, they usually stop if i come close unless they are already dropping eggs.

i'd like the zoom for outdoor shots, i spend alot of time on the water or in the woods and would like to zoom in on some wildlife.

how are the software packages for your camera's, my mom got one that you had to drag and drop the photos from your camera....a serious pain.
my aunts deleted all the pics off the camera when you put them on the computer, so if there was an error you lost them for good.

my sis has used the higher end hp's and loved them, my cheap one did well for fish but i'm ready to upgrade.

RAWesolowski
08-28-2003, 05:22 PM
Software for the Fuji is OK. I prefer to use the photo editor bundled with MS Office. Yes, there is a package in the CD but you have to go to a custom install to find it and other goodies that punch up Office.

After cropping, I usually use Word to arrange photos and print. Gives me better use of a sheet.