PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with my discus

EIHAB83
08-26-2003, 08:32 AM
Hi all .... my golden turq. pair is still giving me very hard time ... now the male is fine he eats and swims normally he is just wonderful .... but the female she hasn't been eating for long time .... she gets dark some times and her waste is very strange it is a very long white thing ... I think she is sick ... she was hiding for long time but now she swims with the male but she takes no food .... what do you think the problem is
EIHAB

CARY_GLdiscus
08-26-2003, 08:59 AM
Hello My friend,

I would move her to a QT tank and give her a heat treatment for 10 days at a temp of 93F

If she seems week and been without food for weeks I would also add Metronidazole at 500Mg for 5 days.

Also its not a bad ideal to give her a PP or Hyde dip before You place her in the QT tank. Please remember after any dip carried out with PP or hyde Salt will also be needed at 1tbs per ten GALs to help induce the slime coat and pervent secondary infections.

hth
Cary gld!

EIHAB83
08-26-2003, 10:04 AM
Hi Cary .... thanks for the advice I think that what I should be doing .... I added salt many times but still the same ...as you said I think its better to remove her
EIHAB

Carol_Roberts
08-26-2003, 03:56 PM
Cary,
How often should he add 500mg Metro per 10 gallons?
Daily after a 50% WC?

CARY_GLdiscus
08-26-2003, 04:06 PM
Hi Carol,
Yes I would do it daily