PDA

View Full Version : Breeding pair uaru for sale

discusgeek
09-09-2003, 08:23 PM
Hi everyone i have a young breeding pair of uaru im looking to sell there are eggs in the tank as we speak i want to sell them because they fight with any other fish i put in the tank and i dont want to have just them they are just under 2 years old and have spawened 4 times the eggs got eatin by plecos the first 2 times and they ate them the the 3rd time and there is about 25 left now out of about 150-200 im guessing when i say there about 8-9inches very close to that size anyway im asking $150 for the pair they are very healthy eating blood worms and color bits and picky with cichlid sticks no hole in the head i think that cover everything so thats $150 for the pair New Jersey pick up only i cant ship these guys sorry if interested let me know at nopichic2@aol .com or pm me thanks

krystle

Tkuemmet
09-09-2003, 09:38 PM
have any eggs actually hatched?

discusgeek
09-09-2003, 10:45 PM
no they are fertile but have not had any hatch the longest i have had them was 3 days before they were eatin

chirohorn
09-10-2003, 11:11 AM
no they are fertile but have not had any hatch the longest i have had them was 3 days before they were eatin

Then you shouldn't state that they are fertile. The only thing you know for sure is that you've got an egg-laying female.

Mike_T
09-10-2003, 01:38 PM
if they eggs are fertile, they'll usually turn an amber color. you can often tell if they're fertile without wrigglers, but i personally wouldn't advertise them as a pair without pics of the parents & fry. ;)

JMO

-mike t

brewmaster15
09-10-2003, 01:48 PM
a suggestion... next time they spawn place the eggs in a separate bowl/tank with clean water of the same pH and Temp. add a few drops of methylene blue and see if they hatch. then you'll know for sure.

hth,
al

discusgeek
09-10-2003, 07:45 PM
ok mabey i should have said it differently but i know for a fact i have a male and a female who lays eggs and the eggs are fertile just because they havent hatched doesnt mean you cant tell if fertile or not and i have pic of both of them with the eggs if you would like to see them let me know i will send them to you and also i have a new price of $125 which is a good deal even if they arent a pair that go for 100 each so i think thats good for a pair these fish came from Jeff Wraps if that make a difference to anyone

discusgeek
09-10-2003, 08:10 PM
I thought about what everyone had to say.I have now decided that those who said what they did should not have. These are not your fish you dont know what they are if there a pair or not so you shouldnt have stated otherwise. It only makes it harder for me to sell them. It will make other people belive that they are not a true pair. Just because i have not had any eggs hatch does not mean they are not a pair. I said what is true they are a pair this is 2 uaru a male and female the male is fertlizing the eggs but they are getting eatin. They are young parents only spawned 4 times. Anyone who knows Cichlids knows that this is very common so dont tell me i dont have a breeding pair when I in fact do. If you didnt want them dont buy them thats fine dont bash my thread. So these guys are no longer for sale to any of you SimplyDiscus members but thanks anyway

Krystle

chirohorn
09-11-2003, 02:37 AM
Just because i have not had any eggs hatch does not mean they are not a pair. I said what is true they are a pair this is 2 uaru a male and female the male is fertlizing the eggs but they are getting eatin. They are young parents only spawned 4 times. Anyone who knows Cichlids knows that this is very common so dont tell me i dont have a breeding pair when I in fact do.

I don't believe the folks who responded (me included) meant to sabotage your efforts to sell the uaru. We simply pointed out that the fish haven't had a successful spawn to date. Representing them to be a proven, fertile pair would be less than truthful. They are a couple/pair at the very least. Of course, anyone who knows cichlids also know that 2 females can & will pair off.

If you didnt want them dont buy them thats fine dont bash my thread. So these guys are no longer for sale to any of you SimplyDiscus members...

Although this is a discus board, there are a few uaru keepers/breeders here. Why would you want to "take your ball & go home"? ::) Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. You'd be better served when selling fish (on any forum) by being open to suggestions/advice by others. Regardless, good luck with the sell.

brewmaster15
09-11-2003, 09:16 AM
Krystle,
I don't understand why you are defensive about this. I have 2 pair of uaru myself. They lay eggs , they never hatch or get eaten before they hatch. Since they have never hatched I can not be 100% sure they are fertile, and I can not be 100% sure they are male and female. There is no visual differences in the sexes of Uaru. Those here were only trying to make you see that unless you have had fry hatch, you can't know for sure.
This is no different than what we do when someone is selling a discus"pair" that has not proven itself.
Normally I am pretty understanding about this kind of thing, but I personally do not appreciate your attitude here, and as the owner of this board I don't appreciate
these guys are no longer for sale to any of you SimplyDiscus members if you or anyone else is to sell anything on this board, it better be what it is advertised as. If it is not, do not mislead the members here, peddle your goods elsewhere.

Your 2 uaru may be a pair, but you don;t know it for sure.I gave you a constructive method to determine it.
Good day and good luck.
-al