PDA

View Full Version : Chemi-Pure, To use or not to use?

Geodiscus
09-10-2003, 07:58 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has used this in thier tank for an extended period of time and was it beneficial? According to the label it claims it is "Fanatastic" for Discus.

Thanks
Geo

Ardan
09-11-2003, 06:40 AM
Hi,
I used to use it but now its just water changes and sponge filters (in aquaclear).
I save the money. I really didn't see the benefits.
Also it says it lasts up to 6 months. I never could tell when it was exhausted.
hth

RyanH
09-11-2003, 02:08 PM
I am a firm believer in the "KISS" method. The simpler you keep things, the fewer chemicals you use and such, the better off you will be. Change lots of water, keep the tank clean, establish a strong biological filter, and feed nutritious foods and 99 times out of a hundred have happy and healthy fish. I wouldn't waste my money on miracle chemicals. hth. :)
-Ryan

Shari
09-17-2003, 02:25 AM
Funny I just asked on another memo about this product.

A guy I talked to today has been using it for awhile. Discus are thriving and he's cut water changes in half to twice a week to be on safe side. Said he called the company and if you average approx. 8-10 gallons per Discus they said 4-5 months before it's exhausted.

Keep in mind there is some carbon in it so if you need to use anything besides salt you have to remove it, though you can store it back in it's own bottles with some dechlor'd water for a few days he was told, and put back in filters after med is over)