View Full Version : I'M BACK !!!!!!!!!!!

mench
09-15-2003, 11:03 AM
Well, who ever had 3 weeks in the "Mench will be back pool" is a winner.
I got the new puter today and found out that setting it up wasn't too bad.Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the e-mail working,get my Roadrunner system back,xfer all my old programs and favorites on to the new operationg system,I had Windows 98 and went to Windows xp for the home.
The new puter has all the good stuff fast 3.o gig,board 512 RAM,40 gig hard drive...etc,etc...Not sure how to work all the stuff,I think I may have to call in for some help from some of my more experenced puter friends.
Nuttin much going on,we went to NYC to help the daughter and son-in-law move into thier new house...yea I am sorry I didn't get a chance to go visit any of the discus folks that I said I was going to vist,but we were so bust on the house we didn't even get any time to go into the city to vist..Next time ..I promise...
Went to a car show in Rhinebeck NY this weekend,the 39 chev has a new paint job and this was the first time out for the car,Fri was great but Sat it started raining off and on all day and Sun. I started rainging hard so we came home.
All the fishies are fine and dandy and I have some fry growing up,not a lot but at least it is a start.
Hopefully this puter will work out ok and I can learn to keep the ole temper in check,at least that is what the bride is hoping...
So I have a ton or reading to catch up on and I will be around.....

Mench (still a lil red faced LOL)

DarkDiscus
09-15-2003, 11:24 AM
Ronnie Meatloaf!

Welcome back!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

John

brewmaster15
09-15-2003, 11:47 AM
Don't feel bad Ron, You lasted 2 weeks longer than I would have!!! ;D

-al

chinoz
09-15-2003, 11:57 AM
Welcome back Mench. you got a pentium 4 for your system? make sure you got all that virus scan software in it...u dotn want those virus to get you now. I had to reload my system 2 times because of thost BLASTER worm

April
09-15-2003, 12:53 PM
Cool Mench!! i think i guessed 2-4 weeks or somethin like that...i went 2 days.but had a backup puter..and i still thought i might not make it. lol. had to share when my son wasnt on his. ::)
glad your fishies are fine..etc. now get reading and look after that puter. lol. now you just need to get that snazzy camera working and downloading pics onto your puter.

09-15-2003, 01:15 PM
Hey Mench, I didnt know you were gone HA HA J/K
Glad to see ya back and that everything is going good...
Dont feel bad about not knowing alot about computers, it took me two weeks to learn where that Hit "any key " key was at....LOL

Randy 8)

Carol_Roberts
09-15-2003, 05:07 PM
Well, I gave you a month, glad to see you didn't last that long. ;D

korbi_doc
09-15-2003, 05:23 PM
:bounce2: :bounce2: Hey Ron, you lasted 2 wks longer than I could've!! & I still can't find that "any key" key!! & please get that virus protection, I've been bugged by some remote pblm, & security keeps telling me my pc does not have a virus, & I have Norton Internet security. lol, glad you're back, Dottie :drummer:

ping
09-15-2003, 05:32 PM
Nice to see you back Mench. :)
Nice new puter you got there :thumbsup:
Get a virus protection and make sure that it's updated all the time.

If you want to throw ur new puter, let me know. ;D ;D

Regards,
Ronny

Ardan
09-15-2003, 05:59 PM
Good to see your back!! 8) 8)

I didn't know if we could last much longer without you! ;D

samcatj
09-15-2003, 08:15 PM
It is people like you with such a wealth of knowledge that makes this site so great.
Glad to see that you are back -

Samcatj

gary1218
09-15-2003, 08:37 PM
Hey "travelin' bud". I'm probably the only person HAPPY you didn't go "discus shopping" on your trip. Now you'll have to make plans to go again AND bring me along with you this time ;D

GARY

Ryan
09-15-2003, 08:55 PM
Hey Ron,

Well, I figured you'd be back sooner or later... or, well... yeah, just sooner. :) Make sure to go to the Windows Update page and install ALL the critical updates for XP to keep the new 'strains' of viruses out. If you ship me all your computer stuff, I'll transfer everything for you and get all your programs installed and email/favorites transferred :-P I'm becoming a pro at it. I reformat my sytem about twice a year, and I just got a new system of my own (pretty much built it from scratch, it's great!)...

I'm probably one of the few people who can appreciate your post about all the computer specifics. Those make me almost as excited as new fish. Glad to have you back on the forums :thumbsup:

Ryan

April
09-15-2003, 09:10 PM
cool Ryan..so now you have a new speedy puter? get a speedy connection also?
well my puter...got new ram. but.doesnt seem to have done much for it. think the brain is the one organ you cant transplant?

Discus_KC
09-16-2003, 12:15 AM
Ron,

Welcome back !!!!!! We have all had some withdrawals without you being around !!!!!

Jack

Steve_Warner
09-16-2003, 01:42 AM
Hi all,
Well, it's about time! Welcome back Mench!

Steve

Abercrombie6202
09-16-2003, 07:11 AM
Welcome Back, it seems like you were prettymuch on vacation though the whole time. NYC then a car show, what next...

mench
09-16-2003, 08:40 AM
Well now it is time to get serious on getting the fish room back in order after being away for most of the summer.Got to move some fish around,get the tanks nice and spotless and maybe see about getting a couple more.....Himmmmm maybe a "road Trip" or two...what do ya say Gary,ya up for a trip??????
We still have to get the ole puter working the way we want,but I promised the bride I will be more understanding this time and not be so fast to fly of the handle...could be tough LOL....
Car shows are just about done for this year so they have to get ready to go into storage....we are also getting a lot of work done on the house so it is going to be a lot more maint. free...new roofs,new siding,new fence,carport off the garage,new back deck....Man doesn't the bride know how many fish I could get if we didn't do all that house stuff?????????
I think it will take a while to read up on all the posts I missed,but as I have been told...You are retired,what else do ya have to do......so I guess they are right.
Talk to ya all later....
See ya.

Mench

Mike_T
09-16-2003, 08:59 AM
can we get a firey shirt pic? you still have that thing from atlanta ACA? that was sweet....

-mike t

mench
09-16-2003, 09:28 AM
Yep I still have the flame shirt,if ya were at the ACA in Cinci. you would have seem all the new and improved flames LOL.

Mench

April
09-16-2003, 09:59 AM
Mench....we were gonna get those shirts off of you and auction them off on simply auction to pay for your new puter!!! not sure anyone thought youd hand them over. lol.