PDA

View Full Version : Fluke Tabs = Lethargy?

cesar_1304
09-22-2003, 11:46 AM
I treated a group of discus a while back that I considered lost cause as they were all showing signs of internal parasites. I had tried the other meds (i.e. discoworm, discomed)...

I went with fluke tabs as a final treatmant before writing them off as gonners but something wierd happened... they seem to be recovered from internal problems but for months now all they do is stay in one corner all huddle together. No more swimming or attacking food... They just sit with no movements...

Any thoughts?
- Cesar

crazy4discus
09-22-2003, 12:12 PM
dang for months? i used fluke tabs befor too my fishes got hit hard with it they all stayed in a corner also and didnt eat for about 2 days after the treatment was done with i changed 75 percent of the water and then 50 percent everyday after that now there all fine and super healthy and eatting like pigs try boosting up the water changes bro

brewmaster15
09-22-2003, 12:41 PM
Hi cesar,

How long did you treat with fluke tabs?

-al

cesar_1304
09-22-2003, 12:57 PM
I did two treatments about a week apart if I can remember correctly.

I also do water changes on that particular tank about 25% every other day.

Maybe upping the waterchanges for the next few days?

They do eat but it takes them a few days to consume the food I do provide. I usually end up suctioning what is left of it out before I feed again.

fcdiscus
09-22-2003, 01:16 PM
You have another problem there Cesar, and it has nothing to do with Fluke Tabs, IMO. Definately up the WCs and try a nice high salt bath concentration of like 3 tablespoons per 10 gallons for a week, and never leave the uneaten food for more than about an hour. Frank

cesar_1304
09-22-2003, 01:21 PM
Will do... Thanks peoples...

brewmaster15
09-22-2003, 01:52 PM
I agree with Frank. and it Sounds to me like you maybe never got rid of that problem. Could be worms or other. Follow franks advise and see if it makes a difference. Keep us posted.

hth,
al