PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy Eye

tau
09-23-2003, 12:11 AM
Yesterday, I started noticing that one of my discus was getting picked on by the other fish. When I got home he was a mess. His dorsal fin has been half eaten. It didn't look half as bad as the eye though. His eye has a white film over it. I am assuming that this film is like a human scab. I want to know if the film will eventually come off. I will feel so bad if it doesn't. This is one of my favorite looking discus in the tank. Please reply if you've came across this situation.

Carol_Roberts
09-23-2003, 02:25 AM
Better put a divider in the tank so he can heal up. Daily water changes and some salt at 1 or 2 tablespoons per gallon should have him better in a couple of days. Why was he beaten up - do you have a pair forming?

tau
09-23-2003, 01:06 PM
You know what? These are the first batch of discus I'm raising. I'm just learning as it goes. These fish are about 7 months old. I have 4 in the tank. They just started beating him up. The good news is that the film on his eye has healed. It doesn't seem like they are going to stop beating him up. What is a good way of dividing the tank?

crazy4discus
09-23-2003, 07:14 PM
hey there tri i would just removed him to another tank bro i had 30 babies from the same batch 20 grew very good and picked on the 10 that are not so small all day so i ended up setting a tank for the 10 little guys so they can get all there food and get there growth rate back to normal...
and after removeing the discus that got picked on in your tank just use some melafex it works great on cloudy eye and damaged fins or you can just raise up the temp a little and add salt either way works fine hope your fish gets better

Carol_Roberts
09-23-2003, 11:30 PM
You can buy a divider from a fish store or you can make one from a plastic grid called "egg crate" sold in the flourescent light section of home stores

tau
09-24-2003, 06:02 PM
I see, Thanks for the replies !