PDA

View Full Version : How to upload avatar pic?

Rod Coleman
09-24-2003, 10:28 PM
Just wondering how to do this.

I see that personalised avatar pics are stored in the /members directory but in the profile settings, it prompts for a web address if you want a personalised pic.

Is it possible to upload your pic into the members directory?

Regards
Rod

brewmaster15
09-30-2003, 12:02 AM
Hi Rod,
theres 2 ways to do it.

1) have the photo hosted somewhere, and then you can link it here. I use clubphoto.com, which used to be free , but now you pay to be able to link. There are free services out there.

2) Email it to me at brewmaster15@att.net and I will upload and host it for you. :)

hth,
al

Ryan
09-30-2003, 10:52 AM
Rod,

I created the members directory and uploaded the files manually as they were emailed to me by members. Eventually in the future I'd like to implement the avatar upload capability so that users can upload them directly from their hard drive.

Ryan

Rod Coleman
10-03-2003, 10:28 AM
Thanks guys,

Now I'll have to find an avatar pic LOL

Rod

Murphy
11-26-2003, 03:48 PM
Rod,

I created the members directory and uploaded the files manually as they were emailed to me by members. Eventually in the future I'd like to implement the avatar upload capability so that users can upload them directly from their hard drive.

Ryan

Have we given anymore thought to the avtar upload capability? ;D

Ryan
11-27-2003, 12:04 AM
I'll look into it this week, Murphy. I updated the board software and there are many new features that are included. If I find a personal avatar upload option, I'll install it and post an announcement :)

Ryan