PDA

View Full Version : quick question

blaze
09-27-2003, 12:23 AM
Is glue (hot glue gun glue) safe to use in the aquarium ?
I know it is sometimes use on the silk aquarium plants, it often doesnt hold long enough.

I just made a tank divider ( went BB & the
fighting started) & i used hot glue to adhere the mesh to the frame.

I am making a next tank soon so the divider is temporary.
So is the Hot Glue safe ?

April
09-27-2003, 01:04 AM
hmmmm not sure on that..but aquarium sealer is...and im sure it would stick it.

mench
09-27-2003, 08:41 AM
I would use the aquarium sealer...I think the hot glue won't stick as well as the sealer.If the sealer at the LFS is to pricey,go to your local hardware store and get the clear sealer that is food grade..this type is fine for fish and is cheaper.

Mench

blaze
09-27-2003, 01:41 PM
Silicone is always the #1 choice, but i needed the tank divider on short notice. Silicone takes 48-72 hours to cure & dry.........anyway as i said it s really for a short time.
As for buying Aquarium Sealant at a LFS...HA HA always cheaper at the Hardware stores, I usually use DAP aquarium silicone (kinnda expensive foor the size). The other "100% Silicone" caukgun type always say on the warning " NOT FOR PROLONG USE UNDER WATER " strange enough thats the one everyone uses for aquariums :crazy:

Btw MENCH; yesterday I saw a few shirts similar to ur famous 'FLAME-ON" shirt, as i moved towards them, my wife:whip: said "NO, wait until i sucessfully breed a 100 pairs of Discus, cause there is only one Mench"...its impossible to see one of those shirts & not think of discus now

JDS
09-28-2003, 11:10 PM
If it's not a very big area you're gluing you could always use superglue.