View Full Version : Discus in existing 125

Rife
10-03-2003, 11:38 PM
Hey guys, this is my first post so take it easy on me :P

I've got an existing 125 gallon planted tank with the following:

3 Angels
20 or so Glowlight tetras
5 Clown Loaches
About 10 misc other fish (some sae's, a bristlenose plec, couple of ottos, couple of corys)

Ph is around 7, usually betweey 6.8-7.2 (pressurized CO2 setup), pretty much 0 nitrates (i dose a little KNO3 daily to bring them up for the plants).

Would discus work ok in this type of setup? If so, How many and how would you suggest I introduce them?

I understand that angels can be fairly aggressive towards them. My angels are a medium size (3-4 inches), and are a little nippy in between themselves.

Anyway, if you need more details, please feel free to ask. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Abercrombie6202
10-04-2003, 12:07 AM
I'd get 6-7 discus bigger then 4 inches. Get them all from the same breeder and get them all at the same time. get rid of the angelfish.

Debbie
10-07-2003, 01:17 AM
Yes it could work. Keep an eye on the angels. I keep discus with angels sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The two together make fo a stunning display.

bubabui
10-07-2003, 03:01 PM
IMO, I would worry about the angels passing disease to the discus more than them being aggressive. Best to keep the two apart....even if the view of the two in the same tank can be very pleasing. hehehe, but keeping discus is not an exact science. Do whatever you feel is right for you.

hth

Joe

DarkDiscus
10-07-2003, 03:42 PM
If you are hesitant to combine discus and angels you could either A) remove the angels or B) Instead of discus buy some festivums. I like that combination and they get along fairly well.

Just a side note.

John