PDA

View Full Version : RECOVERING!!!!!!!

Abercrombie6202
10-06-2003, 07:56 PM
It's been a rough week! Last week the disease started in the tank and within this week two out of the five discus i had died. Sad, but i have gotten over it now and i'm moving on. Today i noticed the white patches on two of the fish are decreasing! One lucky discus never got sick and i'm sure he is hoping his two friends recover! I have a question, when would be the next time i could add discus to the aquarium? I know about quaranting for 4-6 weeks. but don't include that just tell me when then next time i could add fish safely to the tank without the new fish catching the disease?

brewmaster15
10-06-2003, 10:38 PM
Adam,
It depends on what the bacteria was. did you treat the fish with any antibiotics?

Generally what you want to do when you get your next set of fish in, is do that QT of 4-6 weeks on the new ones and then take the least desireable one of the new fish and add it to the tank with your previously ill fish. Then wait about 2 weeks and see what happens.
so with that time table.. I would say give yourself 8 weeks total.

-al

Abercrombie6202
10-06-2003, 11:21 PM
So i could get fish probably within a week becuase the disease will be gone by then (but only if it is gone)? Then QT for 6 weeks, add the least desirable one then if nothing happened to that one add the others ones within 2 more weeks? But chances are i won't be getting more fish for atleast a month, i'm kind of broke only have about 58 bucks.

ronrca
10-07-2003, 09:51 AM
Dont worry about getting new fish right away! Id recommend concentrating on the discus you do have now. Feed them lots of food (4-6x a day), give them clean water and lots of water changes. Before you know it, caring for the discus will become second nature. You will look forward to doing water changes, cleaning the tanks, etc, etc because your discus are growing and looking good. Just relax and enjoy now! Once you can save up some more money in a couple of months, then perhaps consider getting additional discus. ;) ;D

PS-Believe me, we all have a addicition problem when it comes to buying more discus! LOL! ;D

Glad to hear your discus are doing better!
Good luck!

Discus_KC
10-07-2003, 10:01 AM
Adam,

I agree that you should get the fish you have back in top shape. Focus on them. You don't want to go through the same thing you just went through anytime soon !!!! It's mentally draining !!!!!

Jack

Ronrca,

Is that why they sent me to Iraq??? To help with my addiction !!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D