PDA

View Full Version : CO2 reactor instalataion help

Justin_NY
10-08-2003, 01:25 PM
Any body in NYC cirty want to help a fellow to hook up a co2 eactor from aquamedic. its really confusing for me

ChloroPhil
10-08-2003, 02:25 PM
Jason,

Are you going to be using a powerhead or is it going directly in line with the filter?

yusa
10-09-2003, 09:26 PM
i think i am going to use a power head. but iam not sure kind.
its for 20 gallon tank

ChloroPhil
10-10-2003, 03:28 PM
Ok, it's pretty easy then.

Your reactor should have an end with two tubes coming out of it, one large and the other small. The large is where the water comes IN and the small tube is where you attach your CO2 line. The large tube on the other side is the outflow.

It's very important to remember that your IN goes on TOP and your OUT is on BOTTOM.

At that point it's a matter of figuring out how you're getting your water into the reactor and how you're getting the CO2 enriched water into the tank or sump.

If you've got any questions feel free to ask. If you can post pictures to illustrate what you're asking that would be even better.

Justin_NY
10-10-2003, 11:31 PM
as a matter affect the reactor has 3 tube. one large(there is a cap to close this tube), i medium (water input) and one small co2.
there are also na output from under the reactor.

ChloroPhil
10-11-2003, 09:35 AM
That big one is likely something you can use to clean the junk that will accumulate in the reactor.