PDA

View Full Version : Discus....What is in your tanks?

henryD
10-08-2003, 04:45 PM
I was sitting here bored out of my mind. ( I am at work). ANd for some reason the visa slogan came into my head. "Visa what is in your wallet." Somehow I related that to discus. (seems to be a habit of mine to relate everything to discus). So I got to thinking about what kind of discus everyone has in their tanks. I was curious to see if people have a paticular strains they like or if your trying to collect every color of the rainbow.

Since I started I will go first. I love spotted fish so that is what I want to move towards. But this is what I have...

Wild---- RSG, Wild Royal blues, Yellow Maderias, wild reds. Heckle cross

Domestics---- RSG, LSS, Malboro Red, Blue SS, MP, Golden, tangerinexmelon, pigeon gold, Pigeon LSS, regular pigeon, RT, pigeon snake, BD.

brewmaster15
10-08-2003, 04:57 PM
Hmm...

in mine..
Fine lined blue snakes
red spotted greens ... wild
greens...wild
browns...wild
heckels..wild
marlboro reds
Red Turqs
leopard snakeskins
redspotted Blues
f1 wild greenX bluesnakes adults
f1 wild green X briiliant blue fry
f1 red turqX blue snakeskins
checker board pigeon
f1 wild browns
Brilliant blue
zebra blue snakes

..probably missed a few.

al

oodi
10-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Ok... here's my list:

Curipera, Brilliant Blues, Blue Diamonds, Rose Reds, Alencers, Ghosts, Red Turqoise, Tangerines, Blue SS X Snowlfake, Jewel Diamond x White Diamond, RSG crosses and PB.

Judi
:)

jeep
10-08-2003, 05:05 PM
I'll give a try...

First off, I like almost anything that doesn't have peppering.

I have Blue Panda's, RSS's, BD's, LSS's, Turks, Yellow Diamonds and Solid Red Diamonds.

I especially like the brighter non-pigeon's (or very clean pigeons), the spotteds and the Snakes...

All are on my list!

Brian

John_Nicholson
10-08-2003, 05:20 PM
I like the older strains so I have....

Red Turqs.
Turqs.
Red SS's
Blue SS's
Blue Diamonds
Cobalts
Morning Glories (from Cary. A very yellow, clean, solid pb)
Red melon/red PB cross.
and I think that is it.

-john

EIHAB83
10-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Here's my list

wilds: Browns

Domestics: Golden Dragons, spe. turqs., solid red pigeon, tan. pearls, siam reds (Had some blue turqs) ...... that's all I guess .... but I am sure more strains on the way
EIHAB

lwdiscus
10-08-2003, 06:39 PM
I wish I knew! We have had these fish for a year, so that makes me a rank novice compared to most everyone on this forum, and needless to say, I have been learning heaps since I found SimplyDiscus.com.
We got our current pack from a lady in the next state who was moving and needed to find a home for them at just the time we decided to give these fabulous fish a whirl. (I actually found her listing on eBay, contacted her before any bids were made, and she removed the listing as soon as we talked.) There are 6 in the tank. Just when I think I have a clue as to what one or two of them are, I see another picture or realize that ours has a color in the fins or on the body that is not on the one in the picture. It really doesn't matter at all as far as the pleasure we take in them, of course, but I would like to know. Would it be a faux pas to include photos to get some opinions? I do realize that these fish are "flawed". Two that are a wonderful shade of red/orange have obvious peppering, and another has lots of black mixed with red.

Discusgeo
10-08-2003, 06:54 PM
Whats in mine!
Violet Reflections (Danny@ Discus Fantasy)
Blue Diamonds (Asian-Discus Hawaii),
Red Spotted Greens (Wild-Alberto),
Golden Sunrise (Jim Quarles),
Red Snakeskins (Asian-Discus Hawaii),
Red Turqs (Team Discus-Bill Norris),
Super Red Melons and Leopard Snakes (Chai Discus Farms-Singapore)
George

aloha_discus
10-08-2003, 07:28 PM
Aloha, here are mine
heckels, blue mediera, browns, greens, and royal blue for my wilds.

As for domestics I have diamond tanchoes, German hi fin blue turq, heckelxred turq, red turqs, brilliant blues, Smidte Focke turqs, blue ss, red ss, and will be adding some of Boxerdads stock to mine from a freind soon.

I also have angels, guppies, endlers livebearers,and frontosas.

Mahalo, Ike ;D

chinoz
10-09-2003, 12:54 AM
mine are:

LeopXsnowflake
RSG
SS
Blue Panda
Scribble
White Butterfly
some sort of pigeon blood ;D
Red doll
Leop SS
Wild Rio Olinda

April
10-09-2003, 01:07 AM
ok.....some of you are hoarding.....especially Brew!!! LOL.
i have alencers, and alencer crosses., a few rt, a few blue, and 2 mandarin passions.
thats it....see..im very well behaved and conservative.
i have streamlined to a few strains for the most part.

Discus_KC
10-09-2003, 01:17 AM
Dust !!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That was easy !!!!!!!!

chinoz
10-09-2003, 01:20 AM
Dust !!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That was easy !!!!!!!!

LOL ;D ;D ;D Jack you cracked me up

crazy4discus
10-09-2003, 02:08 AM
in my tanks are bluebatxbluediamonds bluebatxss red spotted diamonds bd red turqxgreenss tangerine dreams pigeon blood thats all for now

beta
10-09-2003, 02:27 AM
All common strains :(
Red Snakeskin
Pigeon blood
Red Turqoise

paulmat
10-09-2003, 02:51 AM
OK I'm game, I have Angel blue diamonds, green diamonds, melons, red and blue snakeskin, red Turks, blue Turks, Marlborough Reds, red. Whites, Golden's, tangerines, wild rsg, heckles, wild Reds, wild greens, ghosts, Whites, Rose Reds , my wild RSG\Marlboro crosses.

Paul :guitarist:

Rick_May
10-09-2003, 09:34 AM
I've got Gold Diamonds, Leopards, red SS, and a pack of 16 new little nibblers that I got in from Cary last week end. In the newguys there are some leopardsXSnowflakes, snowflakes, super red turks, SS, blue pandas, and a think one or two others. Cary would know better what the new guys are than I. I just told him to hook me up....and he did.

fishfarm
10-09-2003, 09:37 AM
Hmmm... May be hard to remember them all!
In my personal collection:
Red snake, Violent reflection, gold, red pigeon,Blue Ghost,Tancho,Wild RSG,Blue Diamond snakeskin,blue cover,Green Mamba,blue diamond,cobalt,leopard pigeon, red leopard snake, golden snake,leopard, R Turk,white,white butterfly,orange scorpion,orange pigeon,white pigeon,wild heckel,heckel cross,red tomato,wild blue, wild red tucurui, wild alenquer, wild brown.
This includes 13 pairs and various growouts of future breeders.
I also keep about 100 species of other cichlids, 30 species of livebearers plus a few other odd things. :) Ken

Tristanyyz
10-09-2003, 09:45 AM
Curipera
Novo Olinda
Inanu
Mari mari Heckel
Madeira Heckel
Super blue angel
Pigeon
Marlboro x's (2 inch grow outs)
High fin (2 inch grow outs)
reticulated stingray
motoro stingray

April
10-09-2003, 09:31 PM
Jack....that is not just ordinary dust in your tanks.....its magical pixie dust. it was blown there by a pixie....and its gonna bring good luck and great success to you when you fill those tanks with fish again!! have a look at it when you get home..im sure you will see it sparking away!!!!

Mykiss
10-10-2003, 02:13 AM
i have also got common stuff. PB, sunraise yellow, marblo red, blue turq, brown, and BD. And the thing is, I only have one of each, except I have 2 BD.
now that is conservative, but not by choice, but by my wallet. Lol
PT

Discus_KC
10-10-2003, 09:27 AM
April.

Pixie dust !!!!!!! LMAO

Wait till that pic is taken !!!!! I'm cleaning pixie dust !!!!! ;D ;D ;D

CARY_GLdiscus
10-10-2003, 12:38 PM
German blue rams
black mollies sailfin
red guppy
blue guppy
cobra guppy
yellow guppy
bushy nose brown
bushynose albino
zebra pleco
bullfrogs
toads
pacman albino
pacman green
cuban tree frogs
dart frog
green discus
red discus
blue discus
white discus
gold discus
turk discus
yellow discus
wild discus
spotted discus
brown discus
striated discus
orange discus
snake discus
;)

henryD
10-10-2003, 01:08 PM
LOL Cary...

I know you have every color of the rainbow. And more....

I hoping to see your setup next summer...

Nightowl
10-11-2003, 04:34 PM
What the heckel, I'll give it a go.......

Red melons, lep.ss, gr. spotted ss, marlboro red, red pigeon, blue diamond: some from Thailand, some from L.I., red turk, blue turq, Wattley turks, Siamese gold, red-royal blue, Schmidt-Focke red turks, and German hi-fin red turks. PLus!.... one red dragon w/ lots of black & pepper but a really nice fish...maybe my favorite as I got him from work... he was a struggling underfed little guy.
Also have lep. angels, pink lady guppies, sterbae cats, spiny eels, tetras, brichardis, daffodils, julidochromis' breeding pair of Koi angels(not all in same tank!) and one cobalt discus. Also have several discus that were sold as blue scorpions but don't look like pictures of blue scorpions.They are blue/ green colored w/ maroon spotting but not a lot of fine lines....but they are nice!!!
The discus bug........ what's that? J.T. :vanish:

Jean
10-11-2003, 06:32 PM
:)I'll bite....on the discus list anyway...
*blue diamonds
*golden pigeons
*turqs
*blue whites
*marls
*heckels
*melons
*rose reds
*pink
*lep turqs
*gawd knows what kinda pig- but he is a keeper ;D Just cuz of personality, if nothing else ;)

Very cool to see everyones varieties!

Jean:fish:

brewmaster15
10-12-2003, 11:46 AM
Hey Jack... sitting on top that dust is a bunch of IOUs though. They are kind of like Instant discus... just add water and bam! Fish miraculously start appearing. :)

-al

Discus_KC
10-12-2003, 12:10 PM
Brew,

Take your medicine !!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

You are delirious !!!!!!!!!!

ChloroPhil
10-13-2003, 12:08 PM
Wild greens

edgeguy
10-13-2003, 01:12 PM
Here is my list (Discus are about 6 months old now):

3 Golden Sunrise
3 Cobalt Blue
2 Ocean Green

2 African catfish
1 Pleco

All fish get along great and are doing great. My first discus tank so I am very pleased ;D