PDA

View Full Version : Hockey

cd1000
10-08-2003, 07:14 PM
I've seen some Canadian flags on this board, so I figure there must be some hockey enthusiasts out there. 2003-04 season is starting up in just an hour.
I don稚 believe that there lies much success in the path of the Coyotes this season, but I値l certainly enjoy watching them. Management here is counting on a lot of 20-goal scorers, but we値l see about that. Had I lived in Denver I certainly would have believed it!
My prediction for the Stanley Cup finalists would have to be Colorado vs. Ottawa.

Which teams do you predict will do well this season?

Hockey season is about to start and I知 all sparkling inside!

-Tobias

darcy
10-08-2003, 07:57 PM
Whoa,Hey a hockey post!!! Sorry never heard of it!!!!

Well let's just see here. Colorado has a power house team this year!! There goaltending may not be up to snuff but I'm sure they will have no trouble out scoring oponents!!!
The Flyer's will be up there as well but they also need a goalie,I bet they make a pitch for Cujo.(GO FLYER'S GO)
Ottawa will also be good I feel.
Anaheim repeat of last season....I doubt it.
New Jersey winning the cup....I doubt it.
Yea very giddy here also!!!!!! 10 minutes to the puck drop I'm outta here!!
Darcy

DarkDiscus
10-09-2003, 09:14 AM
I was going to post this today except the title was going to be "IT'S FLYER TIME, DARCY!"

Heh. Last year Darcy assigned me the Flyers as my favorite team - I had been without one since my Whalers fled the state...

So, GO, FLYERS, GO!

John

darcy
10-09-2003, 09:36 AM
John you are the man!!! Awesome just what I like to read!!!

Now it really sucks that Leclair will be out 2 to 4 weeks with a broken foot!! And I believe Primeau is out too. Not a good start!! But please keep the faith!!

Darcy

DarkDiscus
10-09-2003, 12:47 PM
Darcy,

I heard that Leclair tripped over his cat and fell down the stairs...

Is this true?

John

cd1000
10-09-2003, 04:32 PM
I wonder what his back would look like if he fell down the stairs...

What I do love is the fact that the NHL Center Ice package is previewing for free for a week. Busy week in school. Having 40 NHL games broadcast on TV won't help!

Keith Primeau (rib cartilage) practiced Wednesday and is ready to play in Thursday's season opener against Buffalo, according to phillyBurbs.com.
Reported by CBS sports

Tobias

darcy
10-09-2003, 07:46 PM
No no no John. Leclair took a puck off his left foot. Good to see Primeau back!!

Gotta go I get Ottawa and the Habs, then Edmonton and San Jose then Calgary and Vancouver my nights booked.
Darcy

jules
10-11-2003, 02:56 PM
GO SENS GO...

this just might be the year!!

Radik Bonk buys his Discus at the same store as I in Kanata

darcy
10-11-2003, 05:39 PM
LOL jules!!! I don't mind the Sen's myself!! Not a very smart move on the managements part by not signing Havlat though. We'll see I guess how they do!!!

GO FLYER'S GO!!!!!!

First Hockey night in Canada double header tonight I'm so excited!!!!!

darcy

cd1000
10-13-2003, 05:14 PM
Well well, Phoenix are 2 for 2 with 1 goal allowed. Sure do hope that Sean Burke doesn't get hurt again.

Ottawa signed Havlat but I guess it remains to see what form he's in after missing training camp.

Flyers will be in town on Saturday. Just might go and enjoy one of those obstructed view seats!

Tobias

darcy
10-14-2003, 06:52 PM
Havlat is young he will be ok just wait and see!! Good deal the Sen's got him back!!

Tonight the battle of Alberta resumes!!! GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Darcy

cd1000
10-16-2003, 02:53 AM
Well, Phoenix are 3-0, don't think too many expected that. I sure didn't but I'm enjoying it!
Too bad tomorrow's game is played right when I'm taking a midterm exam...

Too bad NHL Center Ice isn't previewing anymore.

Havlat seems to be in the lineup for Friday's game. I am too sure that he'll be able to contribute and I hope he does, and Ottawa as a team. For the sake of fun offensive hockey.

Tobias

darcy
10-19-2003, 11:35 AM
Well Tobias looks like the Flyer's took out Phoneix last night!! WOOOO HOOOO
Leclair's back on skates so hopefully he won't be out much longer.

Side note Edmonton took it to the Av's last night 6-3!!! Wonder how many teams were watching that one. I hate to admit it but the Oiler's played a great game, would it have been a different story if Abeisher was in net?

Darcy

cd1000
10-19-2003, 01:50 PM
Well, you can't hand out 10 power play opportunities and still expect to win. Roenick and Recchi were given too much room in the early stages of the game.

Yeah, you've got LeClair skating. We've got Sillinger skating again ;D

Impressive that Jeff Hackett had a GAA of less than zero coming into last night's game.

Penguins rallied from 1-3 to win it 4-3 over the Red Wings. That's quite a feat, especially for a team like the Pens.

-Tobias