PDA

View Full Version : cbw??

nowings
10-09-2003, 08:05 AM
Can discus live on CBW as there only source of food??
I know it would be better with a mixture, but could they be fine with only CBW???? I have a few fish in my community tanks that don't eat the other foods!!!

Nancy

FischAutoTechGarten
10-09-2003, 09:46 AM
I feed CBW exclusively now. I've learned that I am extremely allergic (hives, swollen eyes, runny nose, itchy skin) to Frozen Blood Worms, both the ProSalt and Hikari brands, and Beef heart is too much work.

Honestly, I don't know if it's a good idea, but it's what I'm doing.

RyanH
10-12-2003, 09:33 PM
I wouldn't recommend it.

You might be able to get away with it with adults but it would definately not be a good idea with juveniles. Even if you could get them to eat a decent flake or sinking pellet to add some variety you would be better off.

Carol_Roberts
10-12-2003, 11:33 PM
They will get bored eating only cbw. ONF 1 flakes or tetrabits both are clean and contain vitamins . . .

CARY_GLdiscus
10-13-2003, 12:20 PM
Nancy,

Yes they will do fine on worms alone Even small Discus! Even if you use flakefood alone that would be fine! ;D

FischAutoTechGarten
10-13-2003, 02:02 PM
I've just started trying to get them to eat Tetra ColorBits.
What I've been doing is feeding them the last meal at night a little earlier (like 9pm, instead of 10:30 or 11). Then by 6:45AM, just before I leave for work, they are starving...that's when I put in the Colorbits. They don't eat them immediately, but when my wife feeds them CBW at noon, she finds no tetra bits left. I'm doing this with my Teenage Discus, Juvenile Discus, Rams and Cardinal Tetras. Cardinal Tetras have made the transition to bits easily.

(I have 2 dozen Cardinals in a 10gallon tank that I've been feeding CBW and doing massive water changes daily...they have doubled in size in 4 weeks!, they are huge....Getting them ready for my planted tank.)

CARY_GLdiscus
10-14-2003, 08:13 AM
Hi Peter,
I hear Ya all the way! A while back I raised baby discus to 7" adults just on flakes without any problem. IME a balance diet means nothing just W/C W/C W/C

HTH
Cary Gld!

jklnbrg
10-14-2003, 05:44 PM
Hi Peter,
I hear Ya all the way! A while back I raised baby discus to 7" adults just on flakes without any problem. IME a balance diet means nothing just W/C W/C W/C

HTH
Cary Gld!

With that in mind Cary.. what is your feeding regimen for Fry to Adult ? What are you personally feeding?

John

CARY_GLdiscus
10-15-2003, 08:15 AM
Baby brine 1 week

CBW 2 months

onf1 + 2 ever other day during the blkworm months.

Then onto bloodworm, beefheart+shrimpmix and pelits.

hth
Cary Gld!