PDA

View Full Version : TANK TO TANK????

nowings
10-12-2003, 01:40 PM
Do they sell some sort of disinfecting solution that coul bed used on the hoses between water changes that would not spread germs from tank to tank.

Nancy

April
10-12-2003, 01:53 PM
hi nancy. do you have a new set of discus...if so you need a new hose. i use hte same hose from tank to tank for draining. but if i get a new group..i get a new hose.
you can run pp through it..but that would get tedious as far as time goes.
tell us a bit about how you fill and drain etc?
i use a pump so i do go from tank to tank draining. then i fill with the pump back in from my holding tanks or a bucket in the bathtub .

Carol_Roberts
10-12-2003, 02:30 PM
I agree with April. I pretty much have a siphon hose for every tank and a water refill hose for each water storage barrel. It saves time to drain and fill mulitple tanks too.

nowings
10-12-2003, 03:05 PM
I currently use a python to drain all my tanks and I refill them with a garen house attached to a water pump from my aged water barells.

i currently have 2-55 gallons and a 40 gallon. One of my 55 gallons have some new yellow pb babies in it that i bought. I am currently treating them with formalin because some of them were breathing out of 1 gill.

Next week I will be getting about 10 fish from Cary. They will be putting them in a 75 gallon that is right above the 55 gallon that being treated!! I do not want to pass this on to them. Even though I have not seen any signs of this in my other fish. All my other fish are older, I don't know if that makes a difference?

Thanks
Nancy

Carol_Roberts
10-12-2003, 05:30 PM
I would advise a seperate hose and gravel tube for the new quarantine tank. Actually a whole 'nuther room is best for new arrivals. This saves the new ones from getting or giving any nasties while they recover from shipping and become adjusted to your water.

slicksta
10-12-2003, 11:19 PM
if you must....BLEACH
it pretty much eliminates all cooties out there...and is cheap
becareful with the vapors in a confined space.............
John