PDA

View Full Version : Can i get some discuss plz : )

MonkeeFish
10-12-2003, 05:55 PM
Hi,

I feel weird for even getting this idea but im in highskewl im drop dead broke. no money wut so eva and i got no job. I know there is a good number of breeders on here so I'm juss wondering if you guys do not mind giving me like a couple for free to begin with. If you are interested in giving me a couple Plz "IM" me my Sn is "Angrymonkeytamer"

Thank you
Johnny

Drummore
10-12-2003, 08:15 PM
LOL
This is a demanding hobby if you dont have money how are you gona get food, meds, test kits and all the rest of the parnafenalia that discus need?

MonkeeFish
10-12-2003, 08:47 PM
darn you guyz make me feel poor. yes i know it's a demanding hobby for "high rollerz" i did some hw on this hobby so far and noticed ill be spending like around 300 for everything that i will be needing : ) my parents does not support me spending like 30-50 buckz on a fish even thou they do agree it's beautiful eh o well hobby can wait i guess

Drummore
10-12-2003, 09:00 PM
I never said this was a rich mans hobby.i said its a demmanding hobby.
you dont start head first in this, you plan.
before i bought my first discus i had the tank set 2 monts earlyer. You dont set up a tank and just put this fish in there(loss of money cause theyll die).
What im saying is build your setup and by the time your ready to put the discus in you should have saved for some juvs from one of the breeders here (i think theyll do you a great discount).
BTW im everything but a "high roller".

Plan Plan Plan Plan........................the hobbys first step.

Abercrombie6202
10-12-2003, 09:28 PM
Drummore don't be so harsh! I'm a highschooler too. I know it is difficutl about the parent issue,b ut talk to them i told my mom how this is my only hobby and it makes me happy and she's getting use to it! There are some people who woudl give you a great deal, for example in my area Mench gave me 5 discus for 30 bucks, now i think that's a deal. personally i think asking for free discus without nkowing someone well enough is actually kind of rude! but hey why not take a chance? I think you should research some more and spend time on this website, get to know people, and save up money! then when you get to nkow people who knows what might happen!!

10-12-2003, 09:34 PM
Hi MonkeeFish

Welcome to Simply Discus....

where are you located ???

Drummore
10-12-2003, 09:45 PM
:) Harsh :) , actualy i must be in a very good mood cause i didnt send him to ___ , considering what i think of people asking for frebees.
And Adam, you and that other guy who is in school are the reason i told him to plan, cause if you two make it whithout asking for free fish so could he.
Anyway its my belife that if you dont pay you wont take good care of things (could be wrong who knows).

Welcome to the hobby Monkeefish.

MonkeeFish
10-12-2003, 11:02 PM
true true that's wut im doing "planning" but like the other person said "why not take a chance". if u neva ask u neva know wut mite happen and when u see someone else ask and they get it u'll be like darn why didnt i ask ?? am i wrong? Some peepo do not mistreat their freebies. another man's trash is another man's treasure. so im juss making use of these saying : ) also i am in Southern Cali in OC hehehe
thanks for the replies

johnny

RyanH
10-13-2003, 12:43 AM
What would be the incentive to put the time and effort into taking care of Discus if you don't have anything invested in them? I mean, you don't have anything to lose if they die in a week right?

Wait until you can afford it and then go out and spend your hard-earned money on some nice fish. You will appreciate them much more.

Abercrombie6202
10-13-2003, 08:26 AM
In the future who knows what will happen i guarantee if I asked for free fish for my first post nobody would give me any!
but you don't know what might happen!
When my discus caught a disease and started dieing someone on this board offered me free discus. Now all i have to do is pay shipping! See sometimes it is best not to ask :)

SSTurner
10-13-2003, 09:46 AM
Nice deal Mench, Let me find all my pails and I will be right over :) :)

ReeferKimberly
10-13-2003, 12:34 PM
also a highschool student (but not for long woo hoo)

i caught one thing, no way, you will be spending waaaaaaayyyyy more than 300 if you start with discus, no questions asked. how old r u? i was 15 when i got my first job, and b4 that i just did odd jobs to pay for this hobby. you can get some fish in the beginning, but how are you going to pay for them down the road? from one student to another, i think you need to re-think this plan or find an alternete means of getting money b/c honestly you will be hurtin if you get these fish and can't support your new babies.
kimberly :-*

dkokes
10-13-2003, 03:38 PM
GET A JOB AFTER SCHOOL IT IS EASY IN TH USA! I would say about 5 days and you can get 2 or 3 good discus.

MonkeeFish
10-13-2003, 04:20 PM
okay anyone got a job offer open : ) "will work for discus" Does everyone here use a submersible pump to xfer to aged water into the tank???

Abercrombie6202
10-13-2003, 05:13 PM
Lol i work for April, help her squiggie, lol

Yes i use a submerable pump to pump my aged water into my aquarium, much easier jsut plug it in and the tank gets filled up :)

Jeff
10-13-2003, 05:56 PM
Johnny,

Where at in Southern Cal? I might be able to help you out depending on your city. :)

MonkeeFish
10-13-2003, 06:12 PM
im in southern CAli. OC area where "Disneyland" is at???? also how often do u measure ur ph since u are doing dialy w/c.

Jeff
10-13-2003, 08:45 PM
I have a monitor on it. Don't worry about the pH here it is what it is. If you want call me and I'll help you out with a few culls. 323-864-2637

April
10-14-2003, 02:12 AM
cool Jeff. now you will have fish to learn on.
take jeffs advice...he knows how to grow great fish.
if you follow his advce you wil succeed.

10-15-2003, 02:06 AM
nice offer Jeff ;)

Jeff
10-15-2003, 02:10 AM
Just trying to help a new addict. They may be culls, but they still beat the LFS. ;)

MonkeeFish
10-15-2003, 09:38 PM
i checked out my LFS todai and they have some Blueberry diamon discuss i cant really remember the name .out of the whole batch there was only one gewd one and they cost like 49.99 i believe. Thanks for the offer jeff but now how am i gonna go pick up those fishes. Cant drive yet

OEG
10-16-2003, 05:48 PM
Monkee, I like your style its right you never know if you dont ask, if Jeff cant help you out let me know i can get some fish to you. Abercrombie good job buddy way to stand up for your fellow HSer, Monkee you will make a good buisness man in the future it takes guts to ask and you have to have a good attitude when you want something or are selling something fear of rejection keeps alot of us from reaching our potnetial. good job let me know.
Oscar
DDD