PDA

View Full Version : What to do with all these babies!!

km4th
10-15-2003, 09:19 PM
OK, I never thought this would be a problem, but after heavy culling I still have way too many babies, so I'm wondering what eveyone does with their's. Do you sell them locally, if so what's a fair asking price? I really don't want to start shipping yet, but I need to do something.
I have Blue diamonds and Blue diamond crossed with Wattley turquoise. The Blue diamonds came from Rocky Mountain Discus. Any advise will be appreciated.
Kevin

RyanH
10-16-2003, 12:23 AM
If you need to unload them I would be glad to send you my shipping information! ;D

Seriously, I have sold fish to my lfs in the past but its very difficult to get top dollar for them. Your best bet to contact people that live in your area through forums like this one. Post some pics in the BUY, SELL, and TRADE section and I'm sure that you will have no problem getting some offers for them.

You could also set up an aquabid account and sell them there. If you haven't checked out Aquabid, its like ebay for fish people. www.aquabid.com

As far as a fair asking price, I would say that would depend on the quality of the fish. Again, post some pics... people will let you know quickly what they are worth.

btw, I am from Michigan. If you have nice fish, I may be in the market for some and would be willing to meet you half way.

hth
-Ryan

John_Nicholson
10-16-2003, 03:47 PM
Nice home bred discus should bring at least $10 per inch of body. With discounts given for large quantities bought. Exotic new strains should bring more.

-john

km4th
10-18-2003, 04:05 PM
Thanks for your replies, I guess I should have mentioned that I am in Indianapolis, Indiana.
I should be able to post some pictures soon.
Kevin

RyanH
10-19-2003, 03:14 PM
Hey Kevin,

Get those pics up!! I want to see your fish!!

Keep me in mind if you want to get rid of some I wouldn't mind a little drive to meet you...

Smokey
10-19-2003, 07:10 PM
There you go, Kevin.

MPO - A great benifit of beinging a member of "SimplyDiscus" .... Just poke you head out-a-the-window and yell """ DISCUS FOR SALE"""""!!! And we come a running. lol.

If you were not so far away .. Canada / U.S.A. I would surely be knocking on your door.

Smokey
Pic's are a great !!! Show 'em.

Personally; I posted some pics of my discus aND EVERY BODY was dismayed ... the Black Water of my tanks do not compliment picture taking ... lol..hahahaha.

sounds like you had excellant breeding stock.

glad to her someone has bred the BD's.

km4th
10-20-2003, 06:19 PM
OK, Here's my first try at posting pictures.

This is my fish room where most of the fry are grown out.

km4th
10-20-2003, 06:20 PM
These are the Blue Diamond pair.

km4th
10-20-2003, 06:20 PM
Here are the Blue Diamond-Wattley pair.

km4th
10-20-2003, 06:22 PM
The young BD
Sorry close ups are not too great.

km4th
10-20-2003, 06:25 PM
Last one!
This is the oldest group of my Blue Diamond fry. ( about 12 weeks)

crazy4discus
10-20-2003, 08:09 PM
i would luv to get some from you but you dont ship looking good though