PDA

View Full Version : Not moving and death

Preeda_Lim
10-16-2003, 08:52 PM
Hi all,

i'm very serious right now, after i dealed with fungal and i loss 3 of my discus. Then another one just stopped eating for a day, didn't swim and died with out any external injury.

Another 2 of them show the same symptom..stop eating no changing color.

Any comments ???
Preeda :'(

brewmaster15
10-17-2003, 12:28 AM
Hi Preeda,
I am sorry you are losing fish like this. A few observations, and guesses..

1) Your fish may have TB. Its a serious illness that is contagious and there is no treatment for. TB symptoms are very diverse and the fish may never show a symptom and then die. This is just a guess based on someof the things you have posted. A lab necropsy of the dead fishes liver may show black nodules if the fish died from TB.

2) I think I remember in the past you fought what may have been a bad internal parasite problem. if you treated heavily with meds its possible that the meds had a damaging effect on the liver. Your latest round of treatments for fungus may have caused organ failure.

These are the best guesses I can make. I wish I could help you more, but if all your water parameters are good, and theres nothing physically wrong, its very difficult to diagnose.

hth,
al

Preeda_Lim
10-17-2003, 01:57 AM
Thank you Al...

According to your guesses which are very sound, i have to lay down.

Anyway thank you..

Preeda

Preeda_Lim
10-19-2003, 08:58 PM
Update,

Today i lost another 2 fishes, not eating, seem to have a difficulty for breathing and heavy breathing and motionless.

This period took only 1 day.

Preeda