PDA

View Full Version : tiny white worms?

crazy4discus
10-18-2003, 03:23 AM
hey guys i was just wondering how can i get rid of these tiny white worms thats all over my tanks? how did they get into the tank? and will they harm my discus? because i got a lot of them in all of my tanks there everywhere!!!! can anyone please tell me how can i get rid of them they look nasty!!!

April
10-18-2003, 03:43 AM
hi your gonna have to do a big wc and rinse out your filter sponges.....and slow down on the feeding. especially beefheart etc. their harmless but a sign of uneaten food especially in the filter sponges.
it will take awhile to rid all of them. or most of them.
wipe down the walls while your draining to get them siphoned up.

Ardan
10-18-2003, 06:05 AM
I agree with April. :)They are pobably planaria.
Cleanliness and wc's are the key.
Daily wc's, wiping the inside of the tank with paper towel and rinsing sponge filters in used aquarium water.

hth

trucdan
10-18-2003, 02:20 PM
Tiny little worms which stick themselves on the glass will be gone using formalin at the dose of 1ml per 10 gallon or doing a lot of water change.

I notice that there are some white worms in my tank. This white worms are bigger than the little ones I used to have and they are swimming. They are about 1/2" in length. I tried formalin and they're still alive. Any one has experienced this problem? Can you tell me what kind of worm is that?

TD

crazy4discus
10-18-2003, 03:13 PM
thanks guys!!!! so these worms dont hurt my discus right?

Ardan
10-18-2003, 06:39 PM
Hi,
They won't hurt the discus, but the unclean conditions that favor the worms are not good for the discus.

hth

crazy4discus
10-18-2003, 07:57 PM
ok thanks ardan