PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have seen white butterfly?!

jubs
10-18-2003, 07:32 AM
This is an expensive strain ??

How much it cost in US or Canada ??

For 3 inch fish ?? I came across this strain in 1 of the fish shop... he said its hard to get this strain in malaysia.

And its for sales at about USD 40.

I am planning to get some... any body can clarify whether this is an expensive strain?!

beta
10-18-2003, 12:59 PM
You could check with Ryan Wong at http://www.absolutediscus.com
before you buy. He's also based in Malaysia :)

jubs
10-20-2003, 04:13 AM
Heard that white butterfly cannot eat tetra bites, only can eat live food like Beef heart or blood worm.

Because eating comercial flake food will make the body turn red ??

Anybody with experience with White butterfly can clarify this ??!

fishfarm
10-20-2003, 10:51 AM
White butterfly run about $50 USD for 2.5-3 inch fish. I feed mine the same thing as all my other fish and they stay white. Ken

Fish_Fin-atic
10-21-2003, 11:46 PM
I picked up a few of them from Cary Strong for $20 US for 1" size. That's a very good price IMO. Cary told me that they start out with orange colouration throughout the body, but eventually, as they mature the body will lose the orange, and turn into a nice pearly white, while the face will retain a bit of the orange. I feed mine flake (with colour enhancer) from time to time, as well as Bloodworms, Blackworms, beafheart, and Mysis, and even with this diet, the body colour is already starting to lose the orange near the head. I don't think the diet matters much.

I fell in love with these Discus from a picture on the internet, but when I saw the breeding pair at Cary's, I KNEW I had to have some of my own. There's something about the pearl colour (not quite white like a Ghost) and the blue fins, and orange face that makes for a very attractive combination. And if you (like me) like this strain, and really want it, then price is just a number. Remember, the fish will give you years of pleasure, and most likely, you'll have forgoten what you paid for them within a week or so :)

April
10-22-2003, 01:01 AM
Carys white diamonds or butterflies are fantastic. heres a pic of the one i got. one of his fry all grown up.
the white snowflakes which are from browns will go golden in colour if fed tetrabits. ive seen a pic. same as the goldens turn orange. but the white butterflies dont think will.

TKD-MAN
10-22-2003, 02:27 AM
I AM IN LOVE :-* :heart2: :heart1: :love: :thumbsup: ;D

jeep
10-22-2003, 09:01 AM
Mine eat tetrabits daily and have never turned red...

Brian