PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer!

Murphy
10-18-2003, 10:57 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Peter (murphy) and you may have seen a couple of my posts already. Here's a little bit of my background. I have been in the tropical fish realm for the last 30yrs and kept and bred anything from Gouramis, Danios, Bettas, African Cichlids, and Discus. I decided to try Discus nine years ago, as I was bored and thought that Discus would offer more of a challenge and of course I was hooked. I used to be a member of N.A.D.S. ( North American Discus Society) and had a few articles published in thier magazine. My Discus experience consisted of growing out brood stock, which resulted in two mated pair that spawned what seems like a gazillion times. I had eggs that would hatch but the fry would die or get eaten soon after. My last attempt resulted in the fry swimming all over the tank aimlessly with no attempt to find the parents. We purchased a new house, I sold all my Discus and now I'm going to give it another go!. I'm presently about to install four 100gal tanks on a central filtration system, and as soon as I'm up and running I'll be looking for some fry to grow out. That's about it!........I'm looking foreward to making new friends and meeting new people. Cheers!

Discus_KC
10-18-2003, 11:02 PM
Peter,

Welcome to Simply !!!!!

Jack

ping
10-19-2003, 05:35 AM
Hi Peter,

Welcome to Simply Discus and welcome back to your hobby. :)

Regards,
Ronny

Ardan
10-19-2003, 09:16 AM
Welcome Peter,
Glad you are back into the hobby. I think once in it, its always in your blood. :) 8)

Barb Newell
10-19-2003, 11:22 PM
Hi Peter :wave:, welcome to Simply!!! We're all addicts here, at least I am.

Barb :)