PDA

View Full Version : crazy male

angelsandmore
10-20-2003, 08:36 AM
I have a male blue diamond who loves to eat eggs he has paired with a pigion blood she lays he eats them as soon as she lays suprised she has a breeding tube left he looks as he sucks them out of her I tried putting another male in but they beat him up they have a strong pair bond but no good results what should I do take him outand try to replace him later

shamsoo
10-20-2003, 02:10 PM
hi, you can see breeding tube out for next six or more hours after laying, it dosent mean he is sucking eggs from tube, give them some more time to get right or give another male to female, I mean in tank one male and one female HTH

Carol_Roberts
10-20-2003, 05:33 PM
I would find a nice pigeon male for her.

kevster
10-20-2003, 07:28 PM
I'll bet you have 2 females together. Same thing happened to me

later

angelsandmore
10-20-2003, 08:07 PM
I guess I will trade males hope its a she to put wih my other males maybe some good will come I have two pair lay all the time no good eggs yet a wild blue with a super red lay once a month but I don,t mess with the ph any its 7.8 so they dont spawn that oftenthe pigon lives the ph she lays every week hope the other male wants to do it right I got 20 discus to choose mates from they all did it themselves so I thought they were male female i am sure they are looking at tubes but old blue is crazy i guess
thanks for your help
Troy