PDA

View Full Version : Anyone has Pic. for new fish?

10-20-2003, 08:43 AM
Talk to a freind in Japan last evening. The hottest fish in the east are Gold Penguin and Golden Leopard. Any Pic.? Fry are selling in 3 figures.
Jimmy.

ping
10-20-2003, 09:48 AM
hi Jimmy,

Here are the pictures of golden leopard from mr Orient (Ryan) :
http://www.absolutediscus.com/New_Strain-1.htm
His golden leopard snakeskin looks nice too.

Not sure about the Gold Penguin. ???

Regards,
Ronny

10-20-2003, 11:02 AM
Thanks Ping. The golden Leopard suppose to have golden spoted body. I have the feeling the Gold Penguin suppose to look like some of my hi fin hi body fish with a triangular shape dorsal fin on a blue diamond body. They are going for over $3,000 each. My breeder friend can't even get a hold of the fry. I thought the bad economy in the East has dampened wild discus trade. It doesn't apply to the new strain on domestic if the Japanese are paying that much.
Jimmy.

ping
10-20-2003, 11:18 AM
You are welcome Jimmy.

Wow $3,000. Geez, never thought Japanese will pay that much. I know they are crazy on koi, but never thought on this too. ;D

Out of my budget, $3,000 -> this is close to what i am paying for my school fee for a year.
So, i have to choose, school fee or A discus .. LOL ;D

Does your friend have the picture ? I would like to see.

Regards,
Ronny

10-20-2003, 11:59 AM
Ping: A Golen Leopard is just a cross btw a very pure golden base pigeon female and a red vertical fine line snakeskin male. I can create one in 3 months. Why is it so expensive.????? a simple cross. Probably most of the resulting cross are dirty golden pigeon. I presently have some similar full grown crosses with disappointing black dust. They will be used to test my new central systems.
Orient has nice beutiful fish.
Jimmy.

allan_mark76
10-20-2003, 03:29 PM
Forget that...what about those albino discus with ruby red eyes?!?!?!? Now those are tight! ! ! Whoop whoop.....3G's for A discus....no ways...

crazy4discus
10-20-2003, 03:50 PM
3k for a discus? no way jose

Not2Day
10-20-2003, 06:38 PM
Jimmy
Oh man, you wrecked my day :o I really want some of those Leopards... But I HATE the dirty look of peppering :-[
Dave