PDA

View Full Version : Behaviour Question

Fish_Fin-atic
10-20-2003, 10:50 PM
I've seen this happen a hundred times by now, and today was the first time I asked myself "hey, what does that mean in 'fish language'?

Have you ever noticed sometimes one Discus will swim right up to another, and the other just waits for it. Then when both of them are side-by-side, they'll slowly swim at the same speed along the length of the tank with all fins fully stretched out, until one of them breaks away, ever so slowly, and then they go about their business as if nothing had ever happened.

Is this a mild territorial dispute? Is it pairing behaviour? Are they just sizing each other up?

Anyone know, or have any theorys?

CARY_GLdiscus
10-21-2003, 08:30 AM
pairing behaviour

10-21-2003, 10:50 AM
Hey Babe!! Take a walk on the wild side. Just showing off. Sometime 2 male can do the same to show strength. I had one confirmed male saved his legs and became a she. Really got me confused. I always thought we don't have gay discus. I had 2 confirmed male paring up. Pecking a site and chased other females away. Time has changed. No disrepect intented. Just an observation of my fish.
Jimmy.

EthanCote.com
10-21-2003, 06:40 PM
Hey Fishman,

I say they are defective and should be shipped to my place now!!

;D

Cheerio,

Chi.

Fish_Fin-atic
10-21-2003, 07:32 PM
*ROFLOL* :D Oh man, you guys crack me up!
Jimmy, I checked really carefully, and there's no sign of any hair on any of my fish ;) I know, I know, this MAY mean that they already shaved their legs... but ... I found no evidence of any legs, or any razor blades near the tanks for that matter! *LOL* But I seriously hope they're not gay!!! What are you putting in yor BH that you're getting gay fish Jimmy?! ;D

I like Cary's explaination, I mean I REALLY LIKE Cary's explaination because the fish doing this are very nice, and when faced with the choice of Jimmy's gay theory, or Cary's pairing theory...I'LL CHOOSE TO BELIEVE CARY ANY DAY!!! *ROFLOL*

As for you Chi-mister.... once again, yet another crafty attempt to "help" me with my fish problems by shipping them to you - nice try bud! ;D ::) ;D You'll have to do better than that. :spank: ;D