PDA

View Full Version : red turk X orange PB

Drummore
10-23-2003, 09:14 PM
What am i supose to expect from this cross? ???
cause mine are cleaning vase i have in the tank.
guess im gona have to take all fish from the 100 g and leave them alone.

ping
10-23-2003, 10:15 PM
Hi,

How clean is your orange PB ?

You might get red turks and orange PBs. But your orange PBs will get peppering.

How old are they ? First time? I might just leave other fish (discus) in and let them practice. Until you see wigglers, then move them out. JMO

Is it in planted tank or bare bottom?

HTH,
Ronny

Drummore
10-23-2003, 10:37 PM
well the pb has a bit of pepper in the up side, and this is a planted.
its their first time (and mine with discus) so i know they wont survive long :( . this fish are older than i thought because they are about 3" now (LFS), i suspect they wont grow much from here on.
and im asking what can come out of this because if this is like betas i would get a misture of both in some fish, and thats something i dont realy want to do.i like my red turk the way he looks and im not particularly interested in seing a half red turk half Pb with peppering on top (what an ugly tough).
and on a side note they started pairing after i removed a cobalt that was with them (gess they just wanted to be the only disus in the tank).

Carol_Roberts
10-23-2003, 11:08 PM
My PB xRT babies all were pigeons with various amounts of pepper.

Drummore
10-23-2003, 11:13 PM
Did you keep any of that fry?
I mean where they any good?

Carol_Roberts
10-23-2003, 11:36 PM
I kept a few of them - all have pepper :-\

CARY_GLdiscus
10-24-2003, 12:39 AM
What one is the male?

Miles
10-24-2003, 01:06 AM
The one that does not lay the eggs.

;D

ping
10-24-2003, 03:11 AM
::) ::) ;D

Carol_Roberts
10-24-2003, 01:39 PM
I think Cary asked which was the male as it may make a difference in the coloration of the fry.

Drummore
10-24-2003, 03:18 PM
well since its their first atempt i dont know who is who yet.
but the fatter one is the red turk so i supose he is the female. wich prob means that the color will come from the PB on top of the red turk right?
i mean the base color comes from the female while the variants will come from the father? thats if they have anywere near stable genes. wich i doubt since they are lfs fish.