10-27-2003, 10:55 PM
What types could be kept with breeders?

Do they go after fry etc. etc.

Where do you get them?

Thanks,
BoxerDad

Willie
10-27-2003, 10:58 PM
I wouldn't keep anything with the breeders, John. The corys could steal the eggs at night. These things are hard enough to spawn as it is...

Willie

Debbie
10-28-2003, 01:56 AM
In my experience cories don't pay any attention to eggs or fry. I don't keep cories in with my breeders but I have in the past. I do keep cories in my display tank with discus. I just think breeders do better on their own even though the cories don't seem ot be interested. I wouldn't put any other catfish in a tank with breeders because they will go after eggs.

JeffreyRichard
10-28-2003, 11:17 AM
C. Sterbai are a nice looking cory that does well in the higher water temperature. I have several hundred in my fishroom ... I have a colony that pumps out 50-100 eggs every 2 months. They really do a nice job cleaning up left over food.

C. Adolfi also do well in the higher temperatures. I've also had success withC. Juleii.

Check out Planet Catfish website for information ...

Jeff

Pat_in_NC
10-28-2003, 03:22 PM
I have had dwarf albino bushynose plecos (ancistrus) in my breeding tanks with no problems. I do leave the lights on 24/7 and no way the parents would let the pleco anywhere near the eggs. The only time I was worried was when the fry were just free swimming and trying to find the parents they would sometimes hang out near the sponge where the pleco was. But I failed to see any sign of the pleco even noticing any of the babies. I know several others here that also keep bushynose plecos in their breeding tanks. Helps keep things a bit cleaner.

HTH,

Pat