PDA

View Full Version : Another thank you for Cary at GLD

GulfCoastDiscus
10-27-2003, 11:12 PM
I thought I'd share this experience with everyone.
I'm going through some tough times. I recieved some discus that have the dreaded discus plague. Now most of my discus have contracted the disease. I called Cary several times and he always took the time to help me out and answer any questions I have, even just to hear me whine. Thank you Cary

Dan

chinoz
10-28-2003, 12:05 AM
Thats Cary for ya! best guy ever. Thanks Cary ! ;D

CARY_GLdiscus
10-28-2003, 01:12 AM
;)

P.S if you need a second opion BREW is also a main man!
Anyone can sell Discus But the real Q is How much do you really know and how can you really help Your Cliants and Friends ;)

jeep
10-28-2003, 10:53 AM
Good luck Dan. Hope you and your fish make it through this tough time...

Brian

GulfCoastDiscus
10-28-2003, 11:07 AM
Thank you Jeep and Cary. This is amount of meds I've used so far within 3 days. Furan is 4.00 each and the Furacyn is 5.00 each. This is over 60.00 worth. This could've been more discus. I bought all their meds. I've ordered on line but it will take several days.

dan

Discus_KC
10-28-2003, 11:09 AM
Dan,

Been in your shoes and it's not a good time !!!!

I needed Cary, Al, and a diagnostic lab. But their guidance helped !!!

Chin up and press on !!!!!!!

Jack

henryD
10-28-2003, 11:12 AM
Dan,

Care to share who you got sick fish from so we can all stay away from them? I take it the seller did not offer any advice otherwise you would not have called Cary.

Cary great job as always. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think as buyer we should support the people that are there after the sale and have knowledge of the fish.

Just my 2 cent.

Henry

Tad
10-28-2003, 11:19 AM
Dan,
Sorry to hear of your situation and hope all is well soon for you and your discus! This is another fine example of Cary being there and helping out....So many of us have called for his assistance and leadership on so many occasions and he always steps up to the plate for all of US....

Best of luck Dan and thanks Cary for being there!,
Tad

chinoz
10-28-2003, 11:26 AM
Hang in the Dan,

I had the same problem and Cary really help me out alot. Furan and salt is the way to go. ;D

10-28-2003, 11:58 AM
I hate to hear you're having problems Dan :-\ Good Luck cleaning them up ;)

I knew Cary was "Da Man" for some reason or other.... He sure has a really BIG heart ;)

GulfCoastDiscus
10-28-2003, 12:50 PM
Thank you all.

The person I got these discus from is a very nice guy and I would hate to bad mouth before giving a chance to replace or refund. Although it won't replaced all the other discus I've lost. I think he will rectify this problem.

Dan

GulfCoastDiscus
10-28-2003, 01:00 PM
Here's one of the casualty. :'(

EthanCote.com
10-28-2003, 01:13 PM
Really really sorry to hear of your loss. Hang in there, I hope whoever is left in those tanks will recover.

I'm curious though, the new fish that you introduced to your batch did they got sicked?? Or just your discus?

Also thinking back, did you noticed anything different from these new fishes?

You response might help those to prevent what you are going through.

Thanks. Again, best of luck.

Cheerio,

Chi.

10-28-2003, 02:06 PM
Dan sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope better days are headed your way.
Also way to be on thanking Cary for his help. Cary gives his all into anyone who ever calls and returns calls and does his best to help anyone anytime he can. Only a few people think to thank him while many, many others just hang up the phone and never consider what he did as a favor. Just something Cary does so why say thanks. Yet he never turns people away.
My hats off to you Cary for helping people day in and day out. Way to be bro.
Matt

GulfCoastDiscus
10-28-2003, 04:53 PM
Chi,
I recieved the fish well packed. I notice there was some water lost in the bag. The first thing I notice was the discus had minor fin and tail burns. I thought that this was probably due to ammonia burn. Right away I added salt at 1 tbsp per 10 gal. I placed all 10 discus in a 55 gal quarantine tank. The next day I noticed a haze on their sides. I added hyde at 2 drops per gal. Everyday things got worse. I do 50% w/c daily and redose with salt. Third day I notice tank nearest also starting to show haze and fish are huddled together. On 3rd day I double dose with Furan2 and increased the salt. Day by day another tank shows problems. Now all the tanks have the symtoms.
I did not share equipment with the quarantine tank but disease still jumped to the other tank.

Dan

Ardan
10-28-2003, 07:00 PM
SOrry to hear about the tough times Dan!

Cary and Al are #1 when it comes to expertise and are top notch people! 8) 8) 8)

GulfCoastDiscus
10-28-2003, 07:15 PM
Thank you all.

I am following both their advice from previous threads. So far no improvements. I'm hoping and praying that my lost will be minimum. I'll keep you guys posted on the result of the threatment. Maybe this can be a learning experience for others.

dan

fishlover
10-29-2003, 12:28 AM
Hi Dan,
Sorry to hear your story, is the picture one of the 10 discus you purchased..if Yes, I recognized the fish because I had purchased excact the same fishes, I bought 10 of them about a month afo, put them in quarantine tank.... 5 days later ... all of my 4 tanks are contaminated ( I used difference equitment for each tank)... all discus are hundle in the back at the surface.... I treated them with salt and many other madicine but they die very quickly within 5 days, I lose 4 adult fish, 6 yelow diamond I bought from Sunrise Tropical 3 months ago...(beautiful fish..and expensive too..) , and 5 out of 10 that I bought. Finally I double the dose 0f Furan 2, add 1 cup of salt per 20 gallon, increase temp up to 93.....for 5days straight.... and all the fish are ok, healthy and eating now.... ...