PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Ryan

10-29-2003, 05:11 PM
Ryan.....

I hope you don't mind me posting this letter that I recieved from you today in my snail mail ::) I really am proud to be a part of this GREAT Place ;)

Hi Everyone.....

I recieved this letter from Ryan today along with the November Issue of Freshwater And Marine Aquarium magazine.

Dear SimplyDiscus Moderators,

It was a surprise and an honor to hear that our website had been mentioned in Freshwater and Marine Aquarium magazine. I had just been reading this magazine at work last week, and when I saw the FINternet coloum I thought, "Wouldn't it be great if Simply werementioned in there?" It looks like the writer was one step ahead of me.

I am sending you a copy of the magazine as a way of saying, "Thank you." I know it isn't much, but it is something to be proud of in my opinion. You have all had a hand in making our website what it is today. There are so many thousands of posts and members, and Al and I could never do this on our own. You help us monitor the board and answer members' questions, you give us feedback and input on the site and it's direction, and you provide us with a sounding board when we need to talk about board politics, personal problems, and life in general.

No one could have prepared us for what SimplyDiscus has become today. The past year was exciting, frustrating, and hectic all at the same time. I've always participated in forums, but I never thought I would help start one. I love this site-it is my baby. I'm sure Al feels the same way. I don't think I've ever gotten the chance to personally thank all of you for being along for the ride, but it does mean so much to me!

There are no words to express how grateful we are to have you all as part of our forum. The time and effort you volunteer here is more than anyone could ever ask for. I hope to see the site continue to grow and improve, and I hope you all are along for the ride! Thank you again for everything. You've made the journey to building a website an enjoyable one!

Your favorite Administrator (LOL, kidding Al!),

Ryan Smith

Ryan......... I wouldn't trade this site for the World, It's been a Great ride and I'm sure it will continue to be with the care and dedication that's being put into it :thumbsup:

Thanks Again
Beth_A

GulfCoastDiscus
10-29-2003, 05:22 PM
Ryan,
I think you have backwards. It's US that needs to thank you and Al.

10 years ago when I first got bit my the discus bug, I could find enough information to keep my fish alive. Now we practically have the whole world at out finger tips. The help and friendship is invaluable.

Thank you Al and Ryan

dan

jeep
10-30-2003, 12:16 AM
:thumbsup:

Ryan
10-30-2003, 12:41 AM
Thanks Beth...

Just to let the other mods know, I didn't get to send them all out yet. Barnes & Noble only keep 5 magazines in stock, so I sent out the first 5. I still have like 2/3 of the mods to mail them to. So if you didn't get yours yet, be patient... it's coming :)

Ryan

Discus_KC
10-30-2003, 05:02 AM
Ryan,

Great job !!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack

Brian-pdx
10-30-2003, 03:38 PM
My thanks also! The world at our fingertips is right- as well as all the best experience from you guys. My planted tank is only 7 weeks along, but the very knowledgable guy at my LFS tells me that of his customers, my tank is the most successful in the shortest time of all his customers. Most of that is due to what you guys have enabled here on Simply! :angel:

Ardan
10-30-2003, 06:26 PM
Thank You, Ryan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are really a great person. 8) I really appreciate you taking the time and expense to send this magazine to me. You have really made my day! :)
I am glad to be a small part of this great place to share and learn and meet people from all over the world. You are a big part in making this possible for all of us. You should be very proud of your accomplishments!!!!!! I am also sure that there will be many more great things in the future here because of your foresight.
You are a great person! 8)
Thank You! It is really an honor to know you! 8) 8) 8)

roclement
10-30-2003, 11:10 PM
I agree that we all should thank all of you who run and assist this site in any way.

You guys have helped me to go from having some fish, to having a full blown hobby! Maybe I have gone over the edge a bit...about 400gl of water in my basement at the moment...I should send you guys the bills :o :o >:(!!!! Just kidding! ;D ;D

Thank you all very much!

Rodrigo

brewmaster15
10-30-2003, 11:55 PM
Now this is cool... My Favorite Administrator even sent me one!

..Now thats a refreshing change from what I usually get sent! Thanks partner! :)

-al

RandalB
10-31-2003, 12:00 AM
Ryan goes above and beyond in my book...He's da man.. :thumbsup:

RandalB

Mine should be here tomorrow... :'(

Ryan
10-31-2003, 12:27 AM
Randal, yours is getting mailed tomorrow. I didn't realize we had so many mods until I sat down and made a list. I completely bought out two Wal-Marts and a Barnes & Noble. Each store only stocks 5 magazines... so I had to play FAMA scavenger hunt today to find more...

Ryan ;D

April
10-31-2003, 01:26 AM
Thanks ryan....if the canadian mailman manages to deliver through rain and sleet...wind and snow.....cant wait to see it.
Ryan is a great guy!! and a good friend. 8) :thumbsup:

blackghost
10-31-2003, 10:17 AM
:thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2: :bounce: :thumbsup:

Carol_Roberts
10-31-2003, 03:01 PM
I received mine today
Thanks Ryan