PDA

View Full Version : Metro emergency can u help me now!

Shari
10-30-2003, 03:08 AM
Sorry about this - not Discus trouble but I have a tank of Angels along with cories and a couple little rams. I am treating them for velvet and using copper safe. I just accidently put in a full dose of Metro with it as the bottle looked the same as the Ampicillan I had thought I was using.

Will this mix kill the fish while I sleep tonight?
(I use formalin/machalite green with metro with no problems)
It's an hour now and except for the cories glancing quite a bit the angels so far seem fine (4 quarter sized babies and one full adult)

Shari
10-30-2003, 03:57 AM
Talked to Ryan but need the med folks help and their asleep where they should be...
No one else answered at this time of night...throwing carbon in to help lighten it up till 6am when I get up and can do w/c.

it's what I get for being tired and messing with the fishies at midnight.
oh hum....

Would be interesting to know if anyone knows if you can mix the two meds though. (not that you would want to probably...)
good night all... ::)

Carol_Roberts
10-30-2003, 08:33 PM
How did they do? I would guess they are fine with only one dose of metro and lower water temps. Metro is not as active at lower temps.

Shari
10-31-2003, 05:57 PM
Thanks Carol - they were fine thank goodness. I haven't had velvet in so many years....I had thought they had a gill bacterial problem till it was too late...new fish brought it in I'm positive as they weren't treated for it prior to adding to tank.

live and learn - with me usually the dard way!

Question for you though...is there a way to tell the difference between gill worms or gill flukes by the Discus actions at all? Or does formalin also handle the gill worms so it doesn't matter?
(you were right - they like the formalin better)

Shari
Happy Halloween !! :D

Carol_Roberts
10-31-2003, 06:10 PM
I think gill worms and gill flukes are the same thing. Formalin works for flukes and bacteria