PDA

View Full Version : Pls Help: 4 discus/65gallon

Anna Piranha
10-31-2003, 02:28 PM
Hi everybody,
I have a dilemma. I've been an independant consultant my whole life, which allowed me lots of time for fish. Recently, I took a "real" job that leaves me almost no time - not for my family, not for my horse, not for my fish. I have to let something go.

I have a 65 gallon tank with wooden stand. In it lives 4 Discus, a black ghost knife and some corys. The Discus include 2 Pidgeon Bloods of average looks and intelligence :), one stunted snakeskin who may not be large on looks, but makes up for it in heart and courage, and one gorgeous checkerboard. The checkerboard is the most attractive fish in the bunch. He really is quite nice.

I need a good home for these guys. I don't want to take them to the fish store. I want to give them and the whole set up to someone who won't go icing the snakeskin.

Any takers? I live near Allentown, PA (about 15 minutes south of Allentown, actually). If you are in New Jersey and have access to route 78, there is a Hellertown exit that puts you real close to my house. If you are in Quakertown, PA, then we are just about neighbors. Philadelphia is about 54 miles south of me. I have no ability to ship these guys, so it has to be pick up only.

Axe murderers need not apply ;D

Seriously, though, can anyone help me out?

fshngal
10-31-2003, 02:38 PM
Anna,

I may be interested and live within 50 minutes of you. When are you looking to have the tank removed?

Thanks,
Mary

Anna Piranha
10-31-2003, 06:14 PM
Hi Mary,
I am looking to have them removed at your first weekend convenience. Thanks for considering this!

Anna

crazy4discus
10-31-2003, 06:26 PM
if i was in your area i would take those fishes in but too bad for me

chinoz
11-01-2003, 01:36 AM
dooh ! Mary beat me to it ;D

fshngal
11-02-2003, 12:20 PM
Dear Anna,

Next weekend, Saturday would work for me. Today, I will be traveling my mom back home to Allentown but it will be late in the day.

Next Saturday, Noon time would work for me.

Don't worry about the SS, I have a 150 gal tank for all the LFS misfits that I have acquired. They get plenty of care here.

Thank you,
Mary :)

fshngal
11-02-2003, 12:22 PM
TNT,

What are you interested in? I'll probably be down your way in the next couple of weeks.

Mary :) 8)

susankay1
11-02-2003, 03:38 PM
Dump the job, keep time for family, horses, fish and living....IMO. ;)

fshngal
11-02-2003, 05:05 PM
I second the dump the job. Find one where you are able to live. I used to consult and decided that variation is good but a stable full-time position can be much more fulfilling.

Pursue your goals, not someone else's.

Best of luck and let me know if next Saturday is good for you, send me an email of you prefer.

Thanks,
Mary

Anna Piranha
11-03-2003, 11:24 AM
Mary, I sent you an email about arranging the big fish hand-off. Thanks again!

Thanks for the support you guys. This work-a-day world seems to be fit for some other species - definitely not humans! I enjoy working, it's just the confines of being inside all the time and having to wear panty hose and commuting so far from home is hard to get used to. I just know I'm going to develop something awful from breathing in this corporate air. It can't be good for you, can it?

Ok. I'm done whining now :waaa:. I need to be thankful that I have such a good job!

- Anna

fshngal
11-24-2003, 12:27 PM
Dear Anna,

An update on the the discus. One of the PB decided to get together with the Checkerboard and spawn. They are quite protective of it.

They have been moved out to a 29 gal breeder tank. All rest are all doing well.

Thanks,
Mary

Anna Piranha
11-24-2003, 01:44 PM
How cool! You said they would - I just can't believe they did it so soon! That's terrific :bounce2:

fshngal
11-24-2003, 01:52 PM
This is the first spawn. I expect the pair is months off from actually having some real wigglers but they are situated for the long term.

Keep you updated.