PDA

View Full Version : New Discus book

bernie82
11-01-2003, 02:26 AM
My new Discus book will be available on November 15. It's titled "1001 things you can tell the woman in your life to justify the expense and time we put into our hobby."
It's absolutlely must reading for all male Discus Keepers. No copys will be sold to women.
It covers things like: how to explain to her that the six 4 inch Super Red Melons that came to your door via UPS only cost you $5 each and the seller paid for the shipping.
It took me 5 years to put it together. Over 1000 pages of great ideas. The book cost $1 and please add $29.95 for shipping and handling, Absolutlely no sales to women.

fcdiscus
11-01-2003, 03:01 AM
;D

brewmaster15
11-01-2003, 03:11 AM
Bernie,
I feel it my duty to inform you that you really need to revise your book to cover both Genders,... Just make
it...

1001 things you can tell the Significant other in your life to justify the expense and time we put into our hobby..

why miss the revenues from both halves..

Theres a lot of highly addicted Female hobbyists on this site... 2 are moderators... why April alone has gone thru more discus than half the guys here. :)

-al

bernie82
11-01-2003, 03:14 AM
Thanks for the tip Al. Maybe I'll write another book just for women. Look for it in about five years.

April
11-01-2003, 03:23 AM
Heh !!! im not waiting for 5 years for my female version of this book!! biggest tip i can give....get rid of said spouse and get fish!!!
yes i can put any man to shame...on how to get fish on a budget thats considered poverty level...and raise two kids.....and still get them what they need. why? as kids are as bad as the spouse eventually. they say well....you got fish......so hand it over!! but heh....now we are a family of three individuals with 3 highly obsessive hobbies to pay for!! fish....and bike parts...and camping trips....oh my!!
Brew...please order two books.!!! i need to understand what makes men tick!!!!

bernie82
11-01-2003, 04:32 AM
Hi April. That's exactly what I did. Got rid of spouse. Now I'm living with my Discus and sleeping with my two cats and she's living with a guy half her age who drives a new corvette and has a drinking problem. Boy did I teach her a lesson!

April
11-01-2003, 05:13 AM
the best tip for your book should be....if you are gonna get a new tank....get one that can double as a coffin so your set when you get killed by said spouse!!!

bernie82
11-01-2003, 05:32 AM
Thanks for all the great suggestions, April. I will go out tomorrow and try to find a 6 x 2 x 2 which would be about 180 gallons. My Discus will love it and as you said, it will great when the ends comes as well.
What would happen if two Discus keepers met and fell in love. Is that allowed to happen?

April
11-01-2003, 05:52 AM
im sure it could....not sure it has yet.....maybe we need statistics!! lol. think they would be completely out of control!! and theyd need his and her coffins . oh...i mean large tanks !!!

Discusgeo
11-01-2003, 09:25 AM
Well April I got my half of the 180 gallon coffin. Wheres your 180? The plants have since been removed along with the Blue Diamonds and now house my wilds and then I guess me if I understand you correctly!
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-12/7658/HRU[HTTXNN-Oak%20Stand2.jpg

April
11-01-2003, 10:22 AM
George.,very nice tank errrrr. i mean coffin.
mine is only 100 gallon plexi.....im on a diet!!! lol. oh....and i may need to be scrunched a bit!! no 6 foot tank for me......im on the 5th floor. i have enough problems already!!! the russian who lives a floor below me already has a gun ready for me to play russian roulette with!! i will be using mine before any of you!!
Signed....April....who is keeping her eyes open for a groud floor place!!!
and dreaming of a nice rack system with many fishies. one fish two fish red fish blue fish. ;D

daninthesand
11-01-2003, 10:31 AM
April.

Men don't "tick". We're all talk (tok) ;D

Daniel

jim_shedden
11-01-2003, 11:02 AM
Birnie : I demand royalities on that book....... ;D. Actually, most of the guys on this forum will want the same. Shipping's a ***** isn't it?.... ;D
By the way........sleeping with 2 cats is illegal in some states......... ;D

Jim

paul_burney
11-01-2003, 12:40 PM
Hey April i got my coffin here a 165 the Fish Hater says thats what she is putting me in to save all that money for herself. I keep telling hee i have lot of $$$$$$$ ::) ::) ::) ::)
Paul

Discusgeo
11-01-2003, 07:57 PM
April I have 12 of those small 100 gallon coffins in the garage. Darn Discus take up to much room and there alway full of water. Must be a leak in my roof that keeps them full. Wait I live in the Sonoran Desert and it doesn't rain here.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-1/7658/Snoran%20Desert.jpg

bernie82
11-01-2003, 09:13 PM
Hi Jim. I live in California. If we can elect Swartzenager Governor, anything goes in this state. Besides, I'm not married to the cats, just sleeping with them.
What do I owe you royaltys for? You didn't even buy my book.
Here's a tidbit from the book to wet your appitite.
"Honey, the only reason that I spend so much time in the fish room is so you'll know where I am. I'm not out drinking or clubbing, or gambling. I'm doing the Discus for you, my love."