PDA

View Full Version : A word of encouragement!

roclement
11-01-2003, 04:28 PM
Hello all!

I haven't posted in a while, as reminded by KC, so I thought that this would be the best place to start again!

To all newbies, welcome! You have come across the most valuable tool for Discus keeping that I know, this site has more updated information than any other source you can imagine!

You can also meet a lot of wonderfull people here, people with the same interests you have, and that are willing to help you become very succesfull with this new hobby you have chosen.

I heard all kinds of negative feedback from so called experts in my areas local fish stores about keeping Discus, Had I only paid attention to them, I would never had know the joy of having a tak full of beautifull Discus.

Use this site, ask questions, post often, use the chat as a tool for solving problems, chances are that you will save a lot of fish, time and money by doing so! I am by no meand an expert, I am a "newbie" like you, someone who is willing to learn and enjoy this hobby.

There are a lot of experts here, and a lot of friends, keep us in mind!

Welcome...and good luck!!!!

Rodrigo Clement

lesley
11-01-2003, 05:34 PM
Hello Rodrigo,

I agree with your comments totally. I am a "newbie", and would definitely not be keeping discus without this site.

The diverse comments and experiences that form part of this site, together with the expertise of the moderators have given me the ability to keep discus. I would certainly have given up without Simply.

I have also gained a couple of valued friends through Simply.

Simply is simply great!!

roclement
11-01-2003, 06:03 PM
you got the idea Lesley!

;D ;Dgood luck with your fish! let me know if I can help! ;D ;D

rodrigo

Abercrombie6202
11-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Well i'm a "Newbie" and just imagine what i'd do without this site?
Actually don't imagine that it would just be a graveyard filled with discus. One thing i have learned is RESPECT, people give great advice here and you can take it or let it pass right by you, but you need to be respectful. They are only trying to help you and are just expressing their opinions. So if someone has an opinion and it seems rude or mean to you, just think there could be many reasons why: Wording, Spelling, misunderstanding, etc... remember "if you have nothing good to say, don't say it at all". That phrase is very helpful, just remember most of them have had years of experience while many of us newbies have only had a few days-months. Respect is important!! I learned my lesson the hard way, lol

jeep
11-01-2003, 09:03 PM
Well said Rodrigo!

Ardan
11-02-2003, 06:36 AM
8)

Great stuff Rodrigo!!!!!!

I have learned so much here at SImply! I still learn a lot of new things from different people. I think Al and Ryan have done a great job! 8)

Its good to ask questions, that's how we all learn. Even if its been asked a hundred times before, if you still need a bit of help, then just ask. There are many people with lots of knowledge here and some have different ways of accomplishing the same result. 8)

roclement
11-02-2003, 01:37 PM
I hope that all of us "newbies" ar ereading this, sometimes it is good to know that there are more people like us in this site! ;D

One thing I forgot to mention is how good the information on distributors is at this site, as an open forum, you can get honest oppinions on breeders, equipment suppliers, etc.

Even when the post becomes so controversial that it has to be locked :-X...it is still one of the best resources this site has!

Thanks again!
Rodrigo